Toyota cancelled allocations as of August 16th for next 60-90 days

People still took them. I know I sold like over 70 of them in last 3 months

1 Like

Might be the toilet paper phenomenon

2 Likes

they probably had no choice. specially if TFS not allowing direct lease buyouts.

just do a new lease instead of going thru the hoops.

1 Like

TFS is allowing buyouts.

1 Like

they do, I am saying but some states require it to go thru the dealer instead of just going directly thru them.

Also, I thought they stopped 3rd party buyouts starting 8/1.

Soā€¦ everyone is f----ed?

No. False information. Only SETFS

3 Likes

i mean, reality is that a bunch of toyota stores are going to get hurt. there is only so much you can raise prices on people, and when you canā€™t promise them inbounds, there really is nothing to sell. fully expect a bunch of low volume dealers to cut staff, etc.

3 Likes

That is good to know.

Theyā€™ll have to jump into the used car market & this def. will make the used car prices to spike in the short term.

1 Like

The New Car staffs are going towards selling Used Cars.

14 days to slow the spread

Inflation is transitory

Get vaccinated and you get your freedoms back

Trust the science

Science is constantly changing and evolving

I can go onā€¦.

Buckle up, this isnā€™t ending anytime soon. At least stocks are at all time highs. Along with rents, housing prices, car prices, groceries.

16 Likes

So far my Tacoma is expected to arrive early-mid September as scheduled, according to my dealer. It sounds like this may change, but hoping for the best.

Actually Toyota announced that the San Antonio plant (where the Tacomas and Tundars are built) would be the ONLY place that isnā€™t getting production cuts. Gotta keep pumping out the cash cows.
https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/toyotas-na-output-faces-first-big-setback-during-chip-crisis

The steep cuts in August output will impact all of Toyotaā€™s assembly plants in the U.S., Mexico and Canada except for its San Antonio factory, which produces the Tacoma and is preparing to launch the next-generation Tundra.

3 Likes

You must be a subscriber to access this premium content. RIP meā€¦

Keep your PRO as loooooong as you can

1 Like

You right keep the Pro for a whileā€¦ not surprising San Antonio staying openā€¦ Toyota knows this new Tundra will sell at MSRP and be in high demand.

Many Tacomas are built in Mexico too, so Tacoma supply will probably be affected.

1 Like

I quoted the main text so you donā€™t have to read the whole thing. :slight_smile: The main take away is that they are cutting production 40% across the board, but will spare the San Antonio plant.

While true, Iā€™m just saying the odds of getting a Tacoma or Tundra out of Toyota in the coming months is gonna be a lot better than, say, a Mirai since they are going to keep the S.A. plant running.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5