HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

Ordered and joined Tread Lightly on 5/21 and my Sahara landed today 6/15. Must wait until 6/22 to close the deal.

I think you can get 2 control numbers per year so even if it doesnt take you can regenerate. I generated mine already also. I think it is just a formality.

1 Like

That’s what the dealer said. However, you can always generate your 2nd control number on the day of pick up, if the other one doesn’t work.

1 Like

Hey guys,

Need help here:

I have affiliate through work so not sure what I should be targeting? Talking to a local dealer on a $52k MSRP and then came back with an affiliate price of $48900. Does this sound about right?

Read the post about ordering but would prefer picking up one locally that on the lot.

Is there a specific % discount for affiliate or is it a price of $48900 for a range of MSRP? Is there a specific discount % I should be targeting?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Affiliate pricing gets you 1% below invoice. The dealer must show you the POC which will clearly have the Affiliate Price (FFP) listed on there. That being said, many dealers sell below that price. There have been reports of dealers selling for 12% off of the MSRP with an affiliate control number on ordered units which is what will give you the deepest discounts due to how Jeep allocates units. For a unit sitting on the lot, I would doubt you’d get anywhere close to that.

1 Like

Is everyone buying or leasing? What #s are you getting on leases for a 4xe Sahara through this affiliate route?

Sorry if this is a repeat question but I looked through 50 or so replies here and didn’t see anything (I’m being lazy and don’t want to read through 360+ Messages).

Leasing, of course. There are so many factors that are going to affect the numbers, not to mention the MSRP jump that occurred between when many of the orders were placed til now. As stated at the beginning of this thread, you are getting about 9.5% off MSRP with affiliate by ordering with the dealer in the OP. Use the parameters that @vinny posted in the first post to calculate numbers, based upon your build.

2 Likes

I decided to gave up on Mach-E and will go with 4xe Wrangler. A SoCal dealer agreed to affiliate pricing and I attached the build sheet here.

I’m not sure which price (FWP/FFP/EP) will be used to calculate the 1% affiliate pricing, does anyone know?

And did anyone successfully negotiate below invoice pricing? (Before incentive, like CA $1500 clean reward)

This is the affiliate price.

1 Like

Yes…you just did if you are getting affiliate :blush:

Invoice is the FWP number.

3 Likes

Thanks @spockvr6

The dealer hasn’t charged me anything or put detail numbers in any official paperwork. Does this mean both sides can change mind later? Like they can decide based on market condition at pick up time (6-8 weeks from now)

Definitely get a buyers order in place that is signed by both you and the dealer to lock the pricing in so they cannot play any games with you later.

2 Likes

I think you just saved something around 1.21 gazzilion dollars.

3 Likes

Yeah, beside the crazy pricing and long wait build time (24+ weeks for Premium AWD with Extended battery pack), my daily commute fits the 4xe feature (< 20-miles driving), and plus I hope 4WD will be helpful during winter trips to Big Bear.

The 4xe is not doing any better on the lot, I test drove at Turtle Click in Tustin and witnessed a guy put down $5000 and pay $700 pretax (48/12) for a 58k Sahara 4xe (with $5k dealer markup).

My order was already submitted, we both signed on the build sheet so I guess all is good?

I ordered my Rubicon with almost all the toys except the hard top, $63xxx msrp with @Clutch wanted to be able to open the top fully and drive on the beach with the kiddos. Anyway, i did receive my VIN last week but feel bad about bothering the lady at the dealership regarding the timeline, is there a website i can use to see the build progress?

1 Like

https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/s/knowledge

Click on “chat” and ask away…

1 Like

Thank you, that’s what I was looking for!

Update Two weeks from order the vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional features or optional equipment

1 Like

Update- ordered 6/2, build competed. They don’t have an eta when it gets to dealer.

Sounds like some folks have been able to get this accomplished with local dealerships, not necessarily just Gupton Motors. Have called a few places local to me (Southern California) and none had any idea what I was trying to accomplish. Any tips on the particular talk track that has worked?

What did you tell them you were trying to do?

1 Like