HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

What did you tell them you were trying to do?

1 Like

“Hello, I want to you to build me a custom
Car, give me 10 percent off please”

1 Like

They had 4xe’s on the lot that I was interested in so called and mentioned that I was a member of an affiliate org and had a control number to provide. Their reply was that the only available discount is the 7.5K credit and they weren’t honoring anything else.

1 Like

Has anyone optioned their Jeep with the flag on the hood? If so, are you happy with the feature or you wished you didn’t have it. I ordered mine with that feature and kinda second guessing myself now if I made the right move. On the Jeep website it looks pretty cool on it but I have yet to see one in person.

That was my experience too. The dealer told me
To take Gupton’s deals they wouldn’t get anywhere close. They could sell to me at MSRP and that was the best I would get.

But what did you actually tell them?

The affiliate program is not a secret club that gets you a wild discount everywhere :slight_smile:

That’s why folks here are ordering from a few places

If you’re in CA, @Clutch is the place to go

5 Likes

I know that smart LHackrs are already using Gorilla option :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

appreciate the rec, just messaged them

1 Like

I’m going to place an order tomorrow. Does Daniel provide a signed buyer’s order noting 6% under pricing and the $7,500 rebate? I know that Jeep said it was good through 12.31 but I’d like to see it as part of the order. My local dealer had done a signed buyer’s order noting the price net of the discount and $7,500.

I’m not sure if I will fly and pick up or ship back to NJ? My build will be a Sahara (Sting Grey) with colored hardtop and proximity. Basically stock to minimize time to delivery. If anyone from the area wants to share shipping, let me know.

Jeep is the equal of the Germans in nickel and diming you to death. They should just put it on every Wrangler as standard equipment as the design of the vehicle causes every single windshield to eventually crack. God knows the Wrangler is probably the most overpriced/most profitable platform of any vehicle manufacturer ever.

PS. I don’t see it on the build site as an option yet.

If you’re not flipping, just wait to see how your mods empty your wallet! Jeep ain’t got nuthin on the aftermarket.

1 Like

I’m definitely not flipping it. I might even buy it out if trouble free. I really like the vehicle and the concept of short range battery for daily around town driving. It’s also about the only good deal in today’s market.

I’ve had about 5 Jeeps in total. J E E P … Just Empty Every Pocket

3 Likes

A few people here where able to add it. I think dealers manually added Gorilla to their orders.

2 Likes

You’re not going to get any deals buying off the lot. You have to find a dealer willing to discount a custom build.

In “typical” times, the factory is churning out cars as fast or faster than dealers can sell them. In that case dealers want to sell from the lot to clear space for the new cars coming from the factory.

These aren’t typical times. The factory is producing cars at a slower rate than dealers can sell them. So dealers will hold out for top dollar for cars on the lot since there’s no truckload of more inventory coming.

1 Like

I’m a bit behind on the 4XE deal. Anyone in CA do this? Is Gupton the only consistent dealer that has been doing these deals? Sorry for being lazy, I’ll read through the threads to see what I can find as well.

The new Rubicon will replace Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad which I just sold. Did anyone switch from Taco to 4xe? Please share your experience if so.

1 Like

I drove a Taco and my 4xE today (even pulled my first trailer load of decomposed granite and quartz slabs for a paving project with the Jeep) and I was struck with how similar they felt…the Jeep (surprisingly) has stiffer steering, and feels slightly more planted when doing the tire-warming maneuver. Odd considering everyone faults Jeep for sloppy steering boxes and solid axles. edit: I have to say, I’m not cozying up to the Max Regen concept…I get it: one pedal can be ‘cool’, but I just can’t give up so much feel for what the vehicle is doing just to get a sudden near-stop for a few volts. I’ll let it roll. edit two: I also like the tighter turning radius of the Jeep (it is tighter, isn’t it?)

Did you get any more info on this? I’m in the bay area and might want to do it as well.

Do keep in mind the updates from Jeep chat tend to sit at ‘Pile of parts, randomly strewn about the ground” for weeks to suddenly, ‘I think it’s on a train. Going somewhere. Not sure where, but it will arrive sometime between today and next year. Maybe’

That’s where I am. On a train, clacking along.

4 Likes

They must use Fedex for shipping.

1 Like