Tip: 2017 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport RWD - $345/mo

Yes why the pm it’s on topic … unless you are a salesman or broker …

I am a broker just click on my name!

1 Like

I was able to negotiate 15% off Q50 RS with no options, around $50300 MSRP at Autonation Tustin over the phone in two calls and came to sign. However, after the long work day and excitement about the car forgot to pull the printed VPP code out of my laptop bag. Damn, totally my fault. Highly doubt this can be changed after I signed, but will call them anyway to ask.

Yeah they should accept the VPP code … Just do it ASAP before they send the papers …

1 Like

Must have been a drug dealer trying to launder his profits :slight_smile:

Thanks, turns out that have already retrieved my VPP code. Finance manager said last month he could have done a bit better, but not if I want the car this month. Good deal all around, especially with me not having any US credit history and Autonation doing all the extra work with getting my paystubs, prior infiniti lease fulfilment from Canada, etc.

Off-topic: how much are you guys paying for insurance? I was quoted 800/6 months for 100/300k, with good driver (Canadian insurance and DMV letters) and advanced degree discount, 34yo married on 10000 miles/year. What is the going rate for 400RS in SoCal, LA county?

Does anyone know the incentives that are available on the Sport or Red sport at this time? I know purchasing has $2k cash, anything else on the leasing end?

Side note, the 2018 Q50 gets some little updates interior/exterior, the best being the Q60 steering wheel. Current one feels very old.

Hey cadadaeh, can you share the details of your deal (monthly pmt, etc)? I’m looking for one in SoCal as well.

Thanks

Sport has $1000 on lease and red sport has $0 from spring event , to my knowledge.

Ok, here are the details, but my situation is a bit special as my visa does not allow Infiniti to finance for 39 months, so I had to do 36 (after approval, as I had even less than that left in visa term), which has bad residual. Still, this is not bad for no credit and 36 months, 10K miles and no security deposit

MSRP 50300 (about), RS with tricoat paint, no packages.
After negotiation: 43300 (14%)
VPP (shows as cap cost reduction) 1200
Adjusted cap cost 43000
Residual of 29200
Monthly 464 including LA tax
Lease obligation 16700
Drive-off: first month + fees, around 1300

I was thinking about getting one with premium package, but the only useful option there is Navi, at least for California. Heated seats and heated wheel…hmmm. You also do not get DAS, blind spot assist, front camera, rear sonar, lane assist, etc, but these options add another 10K, will be totally different lease. Barebones RS400 is a very very good optioned car and white tricoat looks really nice, I had tricoat on my previous Infinitis and always liked how they look.

The only bummer without navi is the clock on the top screen. It is there by default and you just cannot change it, need to go in the menu and change it manually. Does not bother me much, but I think Infiniti decided to remind people how cheap they are by not giving the ability to even change the clock face :slight_smile:

edit: numbers are rounded to the nearest 50, except monthly payment

Congrats on an awesome deal. I’m looking to get a Q50 RS with no options like you too, I live in LA. I will email Albert Munoz at AutoNation Infiniti Tustin soon. Bummer I don’t have a VPP code :persevere:

Thanks. With 39 months you can do way better with the same discount. Instead of VPP, maybe they will have incentives at whatever their fiscal period is, they are public, so are Nissan. I am in sales (different industry), we do negative margin to retire the quota when needed for reporting.

List of VPP codes is here, just in case: https://www.mikesmithnissan.com/images/vpp-mike-smith-nissan.pdf, they asked for my paystub.

It’s a good deal but the OP had the same car at 345 /month. So 36 vs 39 months makes this big difference?

Yes, the residual and additional 3 payments make a difference, but I do not have the numbers for 39 months for that exact model. I think the OP also got more discount, my sales guy in Tustin told he could replicate that in May, but not when I was looking to buy.

I think the OP had 49800 MSRP car for $366. My drive-off was about 1300 as well, his was 1650, difference is probably the tax/fees they roll into the lease?

edit: wow, just noticed OP had 17.2% off. This explains the difference. with my 14%+VPP, making it around 15% I had to politely apologize and drop the call at some point, telling my rep to get back to me if he can go lower or I am not going to lease, which actually was my intent as I almost bought CPO Mini Cooper S for cash. Later, the finance manager who never saw me before said “ah, you are the guy with that deal I had to fight for several days with the corporate”. So I think timing makes a huge difference. If you can wait I’d suggest to wait and hunt for reporting period end incentives, such as OP had.

The 17.2% off that I got was inclusive of VPP. The VPP program was a $1,500 certificate, so if you pop back up to my post when I signed the lease you can quickly arrive at the % discount pre-VPP.

I’d keep a close eye on things as we approach the end of the month and the 4th of July holiday. Deals likely to be strong. Cheers!

I looked into a fully loaded Q50 RD 400. They offered $573 a month with $1559 down on a $60K MSRP.

The dealer sent me several obnoxious emails about how its one of a kind and how he understands that I “can’t afford it” and how they didn’t actually have the vehicle on their lot but went ahead and ordered it from the dealer that did and they’ll have no issue selling it very quickly.

I have a lease right now on a Q50 and there’s no way I would get another Q50 unless they offered a massive discount on a 2017 model.

Hey guys. Let me know what you think about this Base Red Sport deal for 18k and 20k miles a year. Both options with $1,200 down including first payment and TT&L. I don’t qualify for any VPP discounts but I do have an extra $500 from the 2014 Q50 Intouch system class action law suit. I am down to my last 3 payments on my '14 lease and they are waiving 2 of those payments. No details on MF etc… as I have been having problems getting hose details from dealers in Houston.

I’m in NC but I got a 1,748 drive off for 513 a month 39/10 last week for a 59k MSRP Q50 RS. MF was .00007

It’s a good residual for 20k miles a year. The $1200 down is a … downer. If it is 1200 drive off total all inclusive of fees and taxes, then that is good. With Texas taxes etc, the deal is nice. They are giving around 13% discount on MSRP, I would say a 15 to 18% discount would get you closer to $500 a month.