Tip: 2017 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport RWD - $345/mo

I had 11.2k off 51k MSRP Premium at Infiniti of Orange Park that I walked away from since I got the Red Sport up here in Marietta. They were marking up the gross and the money factor, but they may still do 11.2k if you wanted to do the drive. It’s about 800 miles from Houston.

The deal ended up being something close to this. It was difficult to figure out how to fit this into the leasehackr calculator.

Monthly Payment (Excl. Tax): $442
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $473
Drive Off: $1,507
First month’s payment incl. tax: $473
Down payment: $0
Total MSD payment: $1,000
Registration and doc fee: $34
Tax on cap cost reduction and fees: $0
Leasehackr Score: 10.9 years
Disposition Fee: $395
Total Lease Cost: $18,830

It looks like this in my spreadsheet:

So I have 2 offers I’m going to pick from, both in Houston. Dallas, San Antonio, Austin no go. Dallas was the best after Houston.

MSRP: $54470
Price: $47145
Payment: $502.45

MSRP: $54900
Price: $47400
Payment: $503.08

Everything else is the same. 0 down just first payment. This is the best I’ve been able to get, they’re not budging further. I’ll probably ask the 2nd one to take $47k even and be done with it. This is a discount of 13 - 14% off MSRP. Not as great as some of you have gotten but it’s the best I’ve gotten so far. Tax credits make tax 1.2% instead of 6.25% ends March so that helps.

If you’re open to Atlanta, I’d bet you could get more off. New sales manager this month is pushing for big volume this month.

@GeoffD can you shoot me the details for the Atlanta dealer? Thanks

Hi folks. I closed the deal on a Graphite Grey Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD yesterday. 39/10 lease.

MSRP: $49,820 (basically no options)
SELLING PRICE: $41,250
DISCOUNT: $8,570 (17.2%) - this is inclusive of $1,500 VPP
ORIGINAL MF: .00026 (no markup)
MF AFTER MSDs: .00006
MONTHLY PAYMENT WITH CA TAX: $366.15
DRIVE OFF: $1,658 – $366 first payment, $800 MSDs (2x $400), $80 doc fee, $345 Reg, $68 misc other fees for CA. Note: AutoNation dealers don’t charge Acq fees as far as I know.

For reference, if I added ~$5k to the MSRP for the Premium Plus and Driver Assistance packages, then got about the same % discount, it still should have snuck in under $400/mo. I decided to go without those bells and whistles because I seriously doubted I would use them after the initial fun of playing with them for a couple weeks. The only thing I will miss having is heated seats.

One of the biggest gripes for the Red Sport is that while the motor is the best in the class, the exhaust is a bit too muted. Infiniti has a sport exhaust kit that adds some better sound, and the dealership is sending me the details tonight (MSRP for the kit is around $700; I have no idea what the labor for install would run). I’ll share the details when I have them - if I do it the dealership will update the deal so that it’s residualized.

I worked with Albert Munoz at AutoNation Infiniti Tustin near Los Angeles. His email is munoza@autonation.com. They are #1 in to-date March sales for Infiniti. I think they were extra aggressive in order to maintain that. If you’re in the market for an Infiniti, now is a great time to get a deal. This is my second time in a year working with them - I had previously leased a QX60 from them ($43k MSRP for $330/mo)

The payment was slightly higher than my original post because I was misinterpreting the nature of the VPP amount (it is actually a mix of $1,500 or $1,700 of cash from Infiniti to the dealer, with the remaining amount coming as a dealer discount, which doesn’t stack on top of otherwise negotiated discounts).

Side note for cross shopping: I did test drive a Mercedes Benz C43 AMG before leasing this. That car sounds better, feels far more raw (for some that’s good and for some that’s bad), and the interior is a serious step up from the Red Sport (which is exactly like the base Q50; not bad at all just not special). To be 100% honest I think the C43 is probably the better car- not by a huge margin but it has a bit more of that special feel. However, while the prices and performance are similar, the absolute best deal to be had on a (very rare) lightly optioned C43 is $450-550, and you have to put down about $5k of security deposits to get there. It’s more realistic that you’ll find cars in the mid-high 50s, and the payments can get out of hand quickly. For reference, the initial quote from MB on a $57k car was $775 with $3k down and almost $10k drive off. Much of that can be negotiated off, but it’s a lot further to go to get to a great deal!

Very happy with the car. It looks great, is a blast to drive, and will have a smile on my face for months to come.

3 Likes

Just curious but you compared this against a c43. Isnt this more in line going against an s4 and a 340i?

The Red Sport has 400hp, so much better performance than the S4 and 340i

Woah woah… so much more HP not better performance. Only marginally better then the 340 (and an s3 not an s4)

• The C43 is the 3xx hp mid-level sport sedan that competes with the 340i, S4, etc. The C63 is the M3, RS4 equivalent top level sport sedan.

• The C43 has two things going for it that help overcome the lower power vs the Red Sport. First, it’s got an exceptional transmission that shifts incredibly fast. The Red Sport has a good transmission, but it’s not as good as the Benz. Second, the C43 is AWD. You can get the Red Sport in AWD for about a $2k bump to the MSRP - I chose RWD because it will be more fun to drive. The AWD Red Sport will be faster than the Benz by a couple tenths, but if the 0-60 bragging rights are important to you make sure to read some instrumented reviews of both first. After driving both I will tell you that both feel pretty blisteringly fast. When you’re getting in the accelerator in either car you won’t be thinking much about whether or not another car is a tenth or two faster.

• Like all dealerships, Tustin offered a maintenance plan and all the other add ons (tire protection, oil changes, you name it). I said no thanks and they didn’t push them after that. Spent a total of about 2-3 minutes talking about them.

Congrats on the Q50 Red Sport. The numbers look good. I inquired about that exact vehicle a few days ago. Glad someone on this forum got a deal on it.

Update: the dealership called me back to let me know that the Sport exhaust kit is not authorized by Infiniti Financial Services to be residualized. Odd, as it is an Infiniti part.

The quote they gave was $939 total: $600 for parts and the rest for install labor. If it is residualized I would have only paid 25% of that on the lease (100% - 17% discount - 58% residual). It’s not a huge amount of money but I decided against adding it on.

If anyone else out there pulls the trigger and adds on the exhaust, give us some feedback on your impressions.

I’ve called around to get some numbers for any April deals on RS400 AWD (not RWD).

The best I’ve gotten is
MSRP: ~$55000 (with premium plus package)
Selling price: undisclosed
MF: 0.00009
RV: .56
Monthly: $498
Drive: 1st month+ DMV reg $350

and

MSRP: $54,320
Selling price: undisclosed
RV: 0.56
MF: 0.00009
Monthly payment: $484.26
Drive off: 1st payment+ Plates/reg $350

I feel like these numbers are still way higher than what some others are getting even though I unfortunately dont have a VPP discount :frowning:

Any advice for someone shopping in the northeast (NYC area but I dont mind travelling)?

Insist that they give you a breakout their offer. I (and most on this forum) recommend dealing via email, as it allows you to more clearly state what info you need, and makes it harder for them to try to change the conversation using obnoxious sales tactics.

Selling price is the one aspect of the deal that your dealer controls, so you need to ensure you understand what they’re offering. You can also back into the selling price using the LeaseHackr calculator and filling in the details, then playing with selling price until you get the offered payment. Tip: google “Edmunds 2017 q50 lease questions” to find their thread where they provide residuals.

TrueCar will give you an idea of what the best prices in your area are for similarly optioned cars - just understand those best prices probably have VPP baked in so factor that in to your target price.

These quotes are for 39/10 leases? The $1,500 VPP cash kicked in by Infiniti corporate equates to about 39 bucks a month.

Thanks for the reply! I got the MF and RV from that thread and had it confirmed with 2 dealers. The quotes that I got were for 39/12 leases. Any idea how far off I am from a good deal?

I backed into a selling priceof about $48,500. For reference, that’s close to the best pricing that Truecar is showing for this vehicle in your area. I’m starting to trust this data a little less because I’m not sure it includes the best deals that I’m seeing people report. If you used the same 17% discount that I got in CA, then put the $1500 VPP back in, that would be around $46,750. I bought from the #1 volume Infiniti dealer in the country, so they may be able to do better than what you’re seeing there, but you should be able to push a bit more.

I would shoot for the $46750 price I mentioned above. Be confident, be patient, and explain that deals like this are being done at other dealerships, and you’re offering them an opportunity to earn your business.

There is no option to not charge the acquisition fee. That must have been added to your net cap cost.

Solid deal! I test drove that a year ago but am not in the market for a sedan.

After a couple of emails this is offer I got from dealer in NJ. Start of the new year Infiniti so I guess they don’t want to budge

And they found a new tax I’ve never heard of. Nj sup. Tax

39 Months / 10,000 Miles per Year
MSRP: $59,770.00
Sell Price: $53,900.00 + 1st Month’s Payment
Money Factor: 0.00003 (based on Tier 1 qualification)
Residual Value: $34,068.90 (based on 10,000 miles per year)
Bank Fee: $700.00
Doc Fee: $484.00
Motor Vehicles: $376.00
NJ Tire Tax: $7.50
NJ State Tax: 6.875%
NJ Supp. Tax: 0.40%
$0 Down + $613.10 / month with 1st month’s payment due at signing

Fred,

NJ Sup. Tax is real.It’s a supplement title tax, aka luxury tax for getting a car over a certain amount of money (either $4X,XXX or 5X,XXX, I’m not sure)

That’s for any car over $45,000.