The "ugly duckling" 2017 BMW 550i GT loaner deal done

2017 BMW 550i GT loaner (exec, msport, lux seating, driver+, cold weather, acc stop go)

This deal was a grind as the manager I dealt with was not super honest at BMW of Akron. But after letting him know what I know he told me where they’re positioned after undergoing new ownership and I told him where I’d like to be on it and it got done. Would’ve been lower but I didn’t know about the additional residual penalty and they wouldn’t budge any more on the MSRP. Think I did okay on an 85k sticker. I know it’s not the most desirable car as it’s now rolled up to the 6 series and its a hatch but with HP in the 400’s it’s an insane drive with msport etc and it has every option.

MSRP: $85,220
Selling Price: $55,200 (with 2k lease cash) (35%)
Trade-in: [$0]
Fees rolled [$1425]

Months: [24]
Annual Mileage: [10,000]

MF: .00156
Residual: [60] (7700 miles brings 7% penalty)

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$424.92]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$424.92]

Zip Code: [44446]
Sales Tax Rate: [6.75%]

Leasehackr Score: [17.3]

14 Likes

Post photos, great deal. Enjoy!!!

1 Like

Great work. Did you have loyalty? Or just the lease cash? Congrats again.

Also should be noted that a huge shout-out should go to @nyclife @Ursus @Samson for the advice etc from when I joined this forum.

1 Like

Congrats, great deal. The more I see deals like this, the more I wish I would know less about leasing :grin:
Honestly, I’d never even try to pull a deal like this.

2 Likes

Haha whatcha mean? 20202020202

Very slick for an 85k car regardless of it being a rather odd car. I bet it flys with that 4.4 turbo!

Just lease cash. 202020202

Nice deal congrats Nate

Killer deal, Congrats :+1:

and this was without loyalty, serious kudos

1 Like

Fantastic work. I would beat the crap out of that car for those 24 months. You did great.

1 Like

thank you dude, and thanks for trying to help out with that audi situation. much love

1 Like

I drove it home for an hour in a snowstorm and I didn’t go easy on it haha.

I know it’s a bit of an “ugly duckling”, but given how big it is and having xDrive, that thing is an absolute beast for Cleveland winters.

Am I correct in assuming that since the dealership was acquired that they’re basically writing off all the existing inventory and willing to take pretty significant losses?

Wow congrats,it’s an amazing car, even thou it’s slightly outdated. Looking to replicate a similar deal. Any tips?

beautiful… deal :slight_smile:

Great deal, ugly car

2 Likes

Very cool deal. Congrats and enjoy.

1 Like

Haha. I only give it that name because no one else seems to like it. I love hatch’s and especially the old aesthetics of the bmw body from when I was growing up idolizing cars in Bond movies etc. (I’m 27 so mid 2000’s style.)

But from what I gathered when they purchased the dealership they got all of the cpo-loaner inventory at a significant discount and I’m guessing they will be writing a lot of that. The verbiage that was passed to me is that everything has to go.

Well my knowledge came from the “hacking elders” here but one thing I learned that it’s better to be upfront and honest first instead of setting traps in your inquiries. I know many people request a quote and then ask what the buyrate is etc. My first line (and it may not be for everyone) is what is your base buy-rate markup. For me it instantly weeds out a dealer who’s uncomfortable with you knowing how leasing works. Then just have an idea of what your after or stumble on an odd situation like me lol.

2 Likes