The "ugly duckling" 2017 BMW 550i GT loaner deal done

They have a couple X3s that look interesting to me. My in-laws live in the Cleveland burbs so it wouldn’t be crazy to fly out and get it…

Not that I need a third car but I’d rather have that than my C…

Go to cargurus and look at their inventory, then sort price change by year. They’re basically day to day changing pricing to see who inquires etc. It’s how I even got the idea to offer what I did after they bumped the price to where it was listed.

1 Like

Wow this is a great deal, any thoughts on if they are as loose with the other loaners on the lot? Might be down for a little trip if so…

Crazy deal! Sure beats my 550i GT deal at $455 but I had 7 MSDs in there plus a ton of money up-front for Ohio taxes…

Congrats and post pics!

You should tell that manager to get on here with strong deals I’m sure they will clear the floor in a week haha

Even though the car is pretty ugly, I’d drive it in a heartbeat at that price and with the turbo 8.

Great deal.

Great deal, reminds me of my Cinnabar (Brownish Red) ML550. Not much to look at but it was Fast. Enjoy the Turbos!

I’m sure his voicemail box is full already, as is his email inbox.

I have mentioned this dealer and its deals on more than one occasion to my parents and said it would be the opportune time to upgrade from their Escape. My mom is convinced, my dad not so much.

And congrats to the OP on a stellar deal.

Check again today…some of the ones I was eyeing up yesterday are gone. Only a couple left under 5k

Yup. They’re gone. 20202020

Yeah surely they’re getting blown up haha. The manager didn’t even greet me when I took delivery, he was kind of not happy with me and probably the deal lol. I did see some 330i GTs there when I was there yesterday. Also my car wasn’t under 5k miles so I’m sure they’re aggressive on all fronts. I’d be willing to be the last week of the month they start reaching out to those who inquired as lease support ends and BMW Cleveland owns the market in my area.

They have another 550 GT that I think someone could replicate on.

What mgr did you deal with? I dealt with David…he was an overall nice guy to me anyways.

which is why I am wondering what can you learn from someone who does not believe in these deals lol…

I think in Ursus’ defense, this situation is off the wall. It probably does not happen frequently that a dealer is willing to (and able to) take such deep write downs on pre-owned inventory, and would be very hard to know about unless someone made the first move.

In 99.99% of situations, you’d be thrown out.

Exactly. But I do believe now.

That’s the car the mgr original positioned me on but I told him I only wanted the carbon one. When I called in the day before I closed he said they were having a “bid war” of buyers on the carbon from around the country. I noted I didn’t want to get in a bid war on a model that’s no longer in production and thanks for your time; 10 minutes later he texted me that it’s still available because it was obviously just bluff verbiage. I then just said what I wanted it at and that I noticed the recent price change on the MSRP. He then replied with a price $5 more per month than what I said with only first month and I said I’ll be in tomorrow.

Admittedly I only tried this because of what the dealership was going through, how urgently I was getting responses from them (especially when I showed lacked interest), and some of the other deals that were posted here from them that I was late to the party on. I probably** will never recreate anything close to this for the rest of my existence. BUT, they want their 17 inventory gone probably because what it costs to keep it there and I wouldn’t be surprised if the do some crazy stuff in the next two weeks.

I remember when I first started at MB of Akron when I was still in the industry the GM who hired me was new and coming from a directors position at the Cleveland Bernie Moreno Companies campus. He was explaining to me the terrible inventory he was now in charge of and I recall a new Maybach going to auction losing over 100k and a lot of MY15 S63s and SLs getting fire saled just to get rid of that interest charge from Daimler every month.

I take minimal pride in this deal so I don’t know if I even believe in a deal like this.

Also if you’re shopping there and you mention my deal, surely they’ll ignore you haha. Not a single manager greeted me at the dealer yesterday. They all avoided me like the plague. A very nice young lady Michelle was my client advisor and I was out of F&I in 2 minutes after declining the add ons. I had planned to sit down with the gentleman I talked to and ask him what his expectations were for the rest of that fleet cause I could point him in the direction of potential clients but he stayed away lol. Probably why i don’t feel so good about the deal because I’d rather end a deal on a positive note than seeming like a thief?

1 Like

I get what your saying, but they are the ones who accepted your deal. They could have easily declined it. Grats on the car, and enjoy it!

1 Like