The Audi e-tron GT Discussion Thread

I’m as guilty of this as anyone…

Rather than taking other people’s e-tron GT deal threads off topic, let’s consolidate general discussion about the e-tron GT here.

Bring your questions and ownership experiences, and photos if you’d like.

1 Like

Good call - and this might be true. Is there somewhere to search the recall by vin?

How are you enjoying the E-tron? Did you cross drive a Taycan? I didn’t really become interested in the E-tron, until I drove a Taycan and I’d feel more comfortable leasing EV’s for the next few years until they get a bit further down their MY

With the main exception of the MMI system, which is tragic compared to iDrive, the car’s otherwise exceeded my expectations, and I’d do it again without hesitation if I could rewind to June.

I drove a Taycan about a year ago and didn’t find it compelling enough relative to the lease cost. The Audi is a much better value IMO, and that was a consideration since it’s a vehicle that only gets driven 4 or 5 days a month.

I also strongly considered a CPO Panamera Turbo, which is an entirely different machine, but like a 911 you really have to slap it around to get it to do anything fun.

2 Likes

Appreciate the feedback. I don’t dive much but want something fun to drive when I go between houses on occasion - or just zip around town. Will use the SUV for about everything else. Was there any features you found to be must have on your etron? Some of them are pretty bare bones it seems.

I’m probably the wrong guy to ask about options, as I don’t generally value them very much.

The only option on mine is the paint color. :smiley:

To this day I’ve never had a car with adaptive cruise, and that was on my wish list, but I had a short window to decide on a great deal on 1 of 3 specific vehicles.

I don’t know how the other two were equipped – beyond one deal killer for each.

(One had black powder-coated wheels :nauseated_face: and the other was mythos black… and I was about to dispose of a black car that I despised trying to keep clean).

So I took the one that was left…

What color did you go with?

I struck out hard today best offer i got was 24/7.5 for 1350 on a 120msrp. LMAO These dealers are nuts in the midwest

Suzuka gray.

The darker it is outside, the more gray it looks.

And it’s radiant in sunlight.

I love the color more than I expected.

And I don’t think there’s a wrong color option (although I’d have to see tactical green and florett silver in person before committing to that statement).

(Keep shopping :stuck_out_tongue: )

5 Likes

Thats a nice looking color.

here is one I just got sent! LMAO. I am not doing well today.

Stunning car.

I like the LUXCARE 3 year extended warranty for a 3 year lease of a car under warranty…

5 Likes

Deleted post

I know right. The car has been on that lot for 90 days and this is what they send me! I just told them politely, “Look I am not paying for random stuff you guys added.” Anti-theft? Clear coat? This isn’t 2021 anymore.

1 Like

I’m still too lazy to make the calls- just knowing December is right around the corner- unicorns be poppin left and right with anything all elec (except Taycans).

2 Likes

Hopefully we’ll have another December to remember coming up this year :grin:

Leg work might be the edge, but this may be a contraction opinion around here

Florett silver is equally beautiful. Dark grey (not sure what’s the proper Audi colloquial) makes a lot of detail disappear and is sorta bland IMHO. Black isn’t very exciting either unless all blacked out and tinted.

Can you get a real sunroof (actual hole on top, lol) in those? I think it was at least an option early on. Hate this trend of affixed pano roofs, especially if no shade.

1 Like

Correct, the default is comfort. Also I think the car will change a tiny bit based on conditions. I recall seeing something in the manual that said the air suspension adapts based on speed. If you raise the car to it’s max, it will lower after 20mph as its not intended to be used for a long period of time.

No open hole, sorry.

My main concern was the glass roof itself, because I rarely use a sunroof and almost always keep them covered… I hate having sun in my face when I drive.

I keep the rear half of the “panorama sunroof” in another car uncovered sometimes, but that’s about as far as I typically go.

But the tint in this roof is more than sufficient, and the car never feels like a terrarium inside.

1 Like

Not even an option?

Don’t think so, that’s what I meant by my first answer.

I knew you wouldn’t really care if mine has one. :smiley: