Audi e-tron. These numbers make sense?

Tell him to take out Audi care it will lower your payment you don’t need it’s a profit add on for the dealer… the car already comes with warranty

You do realize on a 120k vehicle a 1% residual bump is huge right?

2 Likes

Plus the cost for required maintenance during the lease will exceed that of audicare cost.

I would love to see a broker offer that. Best I have seen is 8-9%.

So you won’t take a broker’s deal at 9%? What part of the country are you located?

1 Like

Honestly, it would probably take 11-12% for me to seriously consider it. At 8-9%, the monthly payment is not much better than a similarly powered EQE 500, i4 M50, or even a good deal on an iX M60. And, just an example of why the etron GT is going to sit on a lot of lots in my opinion, even with $25,000 in discounts: the iX M60 obviously is not a looker like the Audi, but it has 100+ more miles real world range, way more space, and arguably the best driver assistance tech on the market, especially if you don’t want a Tesla or GM car. In terms of driving dynamics I am sure the etron is better the Merc’s or BMW’s I mentioned but for road trips its low range and outdated driver assistance tech makes it arguably the worst choice in the segment even at 8-9% off MSRP.

The money factor is also way higher on the etron GT than the Mercedes EQ’s or the BMW iX, which both have around $10,000 discounts, so the large cash rebates on the etron GT end up not being as crazy compared to other “undesirable” luxury EV’s.

So why not just make an offer to those dealers that were offering you 5% off? End of the month / end of the quarter is next week, so all you need is one motivated dealer to say yes.

I usually tell dealers something on these lines: If you can agree to my terms, I will come in today to take delivery of the car. Of course, only say this if you are within driving distance and actually mean it.

On a side note, it sounds like you don’t really need a car right now. Good luck with your search.

If you can agree to my terms, I will come in today to take delivery of the car.

Reached out to over Audi 40 dealers within a days drive with that exact line (well technically I said “credit application today and pick up by the end of the week”). The best quote I got on an MSRP $122,000 car was $1,440/month with $0 down, 24 months/7.5k miles, $25,000 rebates, and Audi care. Probably a third replied with a snarky quote of $25,000 in rebates and no MSRP discount with a downpayment of $30,000 to get to my target payment. Every dealership in Texas and Florida said they could not lease out of state.

On a side note, it sounds like you don’t really need a car right now. Good luck with your search.

Not sure what you mean. I do not think anyone needs to lease at least 90% of the cars discussed on leasehackr. If you mean I am not desperate for a car, any car, to use right now, that is also true.

I never said you were desperate for a car.

Since you were comparing other EVs to the e-tron, it sounded like you were not sold on the Audi, unless a crazy deal came along.

:point_up_2::point_up_2:

1 Like

Since you were comparing other EVs to the e-tron, it sounded like you were not sold on the Audi, unless a crazy deal came along.

Ah gotcha. That is true.

Located in the Southeast. I tell dealers I can pickup the car in person, because I can haha.

I just spoke with a guy on reddit who managed to get a premium plus for 1000 a month 24/7.5 in the past week. So there must be some people willing to play ball. If any hackers can get a etron for around 1000 a month 24. I would love to hear from you. I am trying to avoid buying a Taycan for a few more years and figured this would be a good gap car.

Yea any brokers you can point me to? I only saw 1 guy offering on a etron currently

You can always search the Marketplace and filter by your region and/or location.

My region is a wasteland cause its the midwest. This is my US base camp while I split my time in Toronto for another 7 months. After that I will be in NYC again for awhile. Dealers here are ridiculous because in Indianapolis they basically have a monopoly on the whole state. One audi dealer, one bmw, one porsche etc.

Your constraint for shopping within the borders of Indiana is self-imposed.

Oh I am definitely not just shopping in Indiana. I am pretty much nationwide in my search

Perhaps resume shopping once the stop sale has been lifted.

Please confirm this, I’m relying on memory from another thread, but I don’t believe every car in inventory is impacted, but some/many/most definitely are (mine, which I leased at the end of June, is subject to the recall, but there’s currently no available fix).

So you may be having difficulty due to the temporarily constrained supply.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Audi e-tron GT Discussion Thread

agreed. Like you said, it’s a sexy car and I love mine. But I think the GT is overpriced for what you get. Have a hard time understanding why this car has such a high msrp with mediocre range (not an issue for me, but compared to rivals) and dated MMI and technology.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.