Tesla Truck - Early April Fools joke?

If anyone cares to see the specs…for top trim…$70K

• Range: 500+ miles

• 0-60 mph acceleration: <2.9 seconds

• Towing capacity: More than 14,000 lbs

• Payload: Up to 3,500 lbs

• Vault length: 6.5 feet

• Storage capacity: 100 cubic feet of exterior, lockable storage including the vault, frunk, and sail pillars.

• Completely retractable roll-top cover, that can support a person standing on it.

• LED Lighted truck bed.

• Digital rear-view mirror - necessary while cover is up.

• Second set of brake lights for when the tailgate is open.

• Suspension: 4” in either direction

• Touchscreen size: 17”

• All-new user interface and navigation systems.

• Body: Ultra-Hard 30X Cold-Rolled stainless steel.

• Seating capacity: Up to six adults

• 110v and 220v outlets

• On board air compressor

• GROUND CLEARANCE up to 16"…adjustable for loading/unloading

• Tri motor AWD

• 231.7 inches long, 79.8 inches wide and 75 inches tall

• Dashboard made of compressed paper.

• Armor glass that breaks when you throw a metal ball at it

3 Likes

It all depends how efficiently can you charge from a 220v outlet, then infrastructure won’t be much of a problem. You’re not driving cross country in this thing.

1 Like

They did not mention any charging times yet…but at a minimum it will have the Model 3 speeds.

Admittedly, the specs are impressive, if Tesla can come through. The money was obviously spent there over aesthetics, however. Then again, I see this as a pet project of Musk.

1 Like

So one can be buried in their Salute to Elon trophy thingy?

:bat:

1 Like

I have a hard time believing they can put the base version on the market for $40k. It has many of the same specs as above, less towing ~7500lb, half the range, slower, RWD…but a pretty dang good deal for the money.

Yeah, that’s why I said “If they come through” (see 35k model 3 promise).

It is a good deal spec-wise, if you can overlook the aesthetics.

Not sure what you mean by that…i can buy one today. It’s sold in stores.

1 Like

2-3 years late from promise. Point being, it was promised to be available, then delayed, delayed some more, and finally available after the tax benefits began to dwindle.

And it’s hidden from view

1 Like

Website says they start at $39,490

https://www.tesla.com/model3/design#battery

Tesla made the announcement some months ago that the base was only available to order at the stores…not online.

Yes, that that was one of the best biz decisions they made in their history. That move pushed alot of base buyers into higher trims. I did not see that coming, i did not think people would go for it but it worked for them.

but…was anyone really crying out for shatterproof windows anyway? What is the point? I’ve literally never, ever thought I needed bulletproof side windows. And I live in Los Angeles!

2 Likes

Build Tesla Tough is what they were going for.

1 Like

The body is also bulletproof (for 9mm)…lol. The sledgehammer test was pretty impressive.
Something to be said about this body…it’s actually structural, this is the frame, on the fricking outside of the truck!..and while it will probably have color options the default is NO PAINT.

Well whatever you may think of Elon, you’ve gotta hand it to the man. He certainly knows how to whip up some attention.

2 Likes

I feel bad for Ford…they had a few days of talk and now no one can even remember they launched the Mach-e.

On another note, just saw some reports speculating that this truck has 200k orders already. They are going by the reservation numbers posted by customers…i say there is no way Tesla did not randomize these numbers so they have no clue what they are talking about.

The Street doesn’t seem too excited about it. As of now, down 20 bucks on the day.

I saw that…but that’s all technical. The stock has been in overbought territory for a month now. Slim chances that TSLA will not retest the old highs at 380 soon…which is pretty fricking bonkers considering its valuation.

I have a hard time believing that will actually convert to sales. I know of several people that placed reservations last night and had all kinds of issues with the website, so they go charged/reserved 3-4 trucks each.

1 Like