Tesla Truck - Early April Fools joke?

Not sure what to think. Is this for when we eventually colonize Mars?

1 Like

2 Likes

Looks like the Aztec. Heisenberg would be proud.

4 Likes

Wow that is really ugly

The design is definitely strange, but that’s not even the worst issue. If Honda can’t convince people looking for a truck that a unibody can do everything that 99% of truck buyers need, what makes Tesla think that they can?

3 Likes

Shocked by the design and the name. Definitely not the best choice but it’s Tesla so a bunch of people will put their orders in

1 Like

If I or my kid drew a car, this is exactly how it would look.

9 Likes

I am proud

11 Likes

The design is aerodynamics pushed to extreme. I have yet to find any info no battery size but i’m thinking the mid trim is the 100kWh which would make it pretty dang efficient for a full size truck. The specs and prices are too good to be true…if they can pull it off they will have customers.
I don’t know what it is but i so wanna drive that thing!

2 Likes

20 Likes

It most certainly is not. That is not a friendly design to aerodynamics. Big front flat face, sharp kink in the middle to create tons of turbulence over the rear half of the vehicle, etc

3 Likes

It sure is…and you will see that when the numbers come out. Even the bed is enclosed and the cover runs in a straight line from the top. This is as aerodynamic a truck will ever be…at least at this time.

It looks like what someone from the 80s would think something aerodynamic is, because they looked at an f117. A plane that was very much not aerodynamic.

1 Like

Why guess when you can actually do some research and see the drag areas on trucks…

1 Like

Then where are the partially covered wheels and extended tail?

This is aerodynamics pushed to extreme:

2 Likes

Other trucks being bad does not make this a design study in optimized aerodynamics.

4 Likes

Those tires and the flat front end can’t be aerodynamic.

That’s an insult to the Aztek. The Aztek looks like a work of art in comparison.

2 Likes

We have to compare to others…what do you wanna compare with? a Prius?

You bet! They probably thought not to make it too eco…after all, this will try to sell to real truck owners.

Tesla must be trolling

4 Likes