Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

First half of the quarter can be extremely slow or non-existent for M3 and MY. I expect activity from mid-August :hourglass_flowing_sand:

1 Like

Combined with the fact that they seem to have shut down the chat communication channels for private listings. I bet if you went into a store you could find a listing or two still, like this one:

3 Likes

Twins! Found this one by randomly texting an SA.

9 Likes

Nice bonus of the Tesla. Insurance is $800 cheaper a year than the BMW.

2 Likes

Even more reason to not buy FSD

A post was merged into an existing topic: Please keep all your “wanted” ads here - Part 3

If FSD was on the verge of any big breakthrough/advancement, this guy would not be bailing ship right now.

1 Like

A bit of softening recently…

1 Like

And they also wouldn’t have started offering EAP again.

Anyone got a helpful Tesla SA contact you can share?

My MYLR 7-seater delivery date got pushed out for the 10th time to 8/29 - 10/3 (was 7/17 - 7/31 previously) since I ordered back in Oct. 2021 w an EDD or Mar. 2022.

Called Tesla today and the rep said nothing can be done but wait. I remember seeing people mentioning that their SA was able to put them on a priority delivery list. My BMW lease will end in early Sept (already extended for 6mos) so I desperately need the car before that.

Also, does the adding/removing FSD/EAD trick still work?

I don’t have any evidence, but I feel like Tesla is holding the delivery of those orders from last year and hopes customers will eventually cancel them so they can sell those cars at higher MSRP.

I’ll PM you.

1 Like

Is esign doc possible if one was to purchase a demo out of state through tesla portal for cash deal? And for those who registered in NJ did the tax portion sort out at pickup?

NJ residents will see the OTD total on the paperwork prior to pickup showing 0 tax.

1 Like

Got a VIN last night….for a car I don’t really need now lol. Back story is I landed a MYLR demo at the end of June while having another MYLR on order since March. Was hoping it would keep getting delayed and I can ride some more price increases. Both are about the same price when factoring in the demo discount and both right before the recent 3k increase + no sales tax.

MYLR demo (700mi), Black, 20” - $67660
MYLR new, White, 19”, 7 seater - $67440

The 7 seater would be useful but don’t need it right away… would be helpful late fall onwards.

Option 1 - get the other MY now and flip the demo.

Option 2 - ride out more price increase and then go through with it. Would involve putting it on hold. Then sell the demo with more miles on it

What’s a better move financially in your opinion (from making money POV)? And if I go the hold route, is there any visibility as to when I would get another vin? Don’t also want to wait 6 - 12 months for it again. Thanks!

No, you cannot esign. Tesla requires ink on paper to close. You are generally better waiting for them to open shipping back up, so the deal can be done entirely in NJ. Right now, the ability to extract the car from the pickup state and then bring it to NJ tax free, will vary from state to state.

MY7 will bring a nice premium right now. Always take cash on the table.

3 Likes

Yeah true but the MY7 is what I would keep in both cases and sell the MY5. Seems like it’s worth just selling now though

What’s the premium you’ve been seeing for 7 seaters? Is it just the $3k, or are 7’s going for more than that compared to the identical 5 seater?

Hey @amaximeya, Was your MY7 ordered back in March a white exterior with no other upgrades?

Yep. Had FSD but removed it post getting a vin.

2 Likes

So the remove FSD trick still works? I was thinking about it but I was afraid I won’t be able to remove it after getting the VIN