Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

Who knows if it worked. When I ordered in March with FSD on it it said I would get it in May. Obviously that didn’t happen. However, August is much sooner than others (non performance) I’ve heard. I kind of think it helped and feel there was/is no risk in taking off FSD. I doubt the ability to take it off later will change.

Do you have one on order?

Btw I took mine off the day after VIN. It was easy.

I have a MY7 white no option ordered back in 10/2021. My EDD just got pushed to Sep-Oct which really frustrates me. Gonna call Tesla sales and a few SAs tomorrow to see if anyone can help. If not I might try the FSD trick.

That really sucks. I would add FSD and see what happens. It’s free money for Tesla so I don’t see why they wouldn’t prioritize them, even though they say they stopped doing so. I don’t think they will change the policy of being able to remove it at any time prior to purchase. If they do for some crazy reason one can always say that’s wasn’t the policy When they added it to the order and thus they have to stick with that. shrug

I’m in DC. Could also be a geography thing of how they prioritize orders?

What is your sticker? Could also be that you’re at a much lower price point. Which, again, sucks and isn’t fair if that’s the case.

We already discussed @cartoman situation earlier in this thread, see this post;

I believe he decided to act on none of this advise.

My MSRP is $13k lower than the current price and I believe (w zero evidence) that’s the real reason Tesla keeps pushing out my delivery date maybe hoping I will eventually cancel so they can sell the car to someone for $13k more. I’m in SoCal so I think FSD is the difference maker here.

@z0lt3c I’m not willing to change my order to #1, #2, or #3 as I previously explained. I called Tesla yesterday and the agent I talked to said there is no VIP list. I plan to try a few more SAs tomorrow before doing the FSD trick. Any reason you would only recommend FSD trick as a last resort?

I think Tesla can solve this by offering to refund the initial $250 booking fee for such orders. Ill bet there will be people (not so bright) who will take that up and cancel orders where current market value is thousands over the order purchase price.

I don’t think Tesla is even trying to deny this. Your order agreement does not stipulate fulfillment in any kind of sequence or preference. This is not first in first out, it never has been.

Then you have no other options besides patiently waiting. Your unwillingness to consider any option to improve your margin will keep you doomed to back of the queue. I bet if you just made a simple change, like vehicle color, you would probably get a VIN immediately.

Sorry if I missed this but why would making a change end up in getting a VIN faster? Does the MSRP change to current MSRP on an order place last year?

And does it have to be a change that increases price?

Would changing from white to midnight silver (both $0) trigger this?

1 Like

I believe we have hit peak model year 2022 MMR pricing, unless, of course, we see another MSRP increase. Let’s see how 2023’s will perform…

4 Likes

I think a big issue may be lack of current inventory. I’m guessing we will see a few price hikes as the competition hits the streets.

2 Likes

Can we get a posting comparing Model years?

2017-2022 for Model 3. Even better if it breaks down between variants

1 Like

We have seen this a few times before, when someone is holding a very old order at a very low price, it seems to get ignored until an edit is made. For whatever reason, slightly improving the margin for Tesla (like picking a not-free color) seems to reactivate the priority for the order.

3 Likes

So I just got a VIN for 22 MYLR 5 seater- Black, 20"- This was ordered back in Oct 2021. My financial situation has changed since so maybe do a flip on this. If anyone has any other ideas, options, advice for me to consider or maybe pass this up for now and wait for next go around. Thank you in advance.

I’ll take it if you decide to cancel

Hello,
Thanks for reaching out. Not looking to cancel.

I think you posted before. The flip is still your best play with $10-14k difference in msrp from the time you ordered. This is the reason you have people asking for you to transfer the order to them :crazy_face:

1 Like

Do you know when the Tesla models change to 2023’s?

Last year the model year switch didn’t happen til January. They’re were a few exceptions i saw but Tesla’s doesn’t make many modifications so they hold out til EOY

nah late nov/early dec.

So after my LRY-7 escapade (ordered a Y in May with Feb '23 EDD, then snagged a demo which Tesla F’ed up with a wrong location, then had the original order get prioritized and had original order fulfilled <2 months after ordering it) it seems the legend of my FIL’s expedited Y delivery is growing, because people he knows are now asking him how he got his Y so quickly when every one is waiting for up to a year. I ended up passing along the waitingforTesla website. :joy:

2 Likes