Tesla Model 3 News

I feel sorry for the sucker that leased a Tesla and paid for EAP.

why? Most people on the Tesla forums that have used EAP love it!

Whoops, meant FSD. My bad

Why would anyone actually lease a car with FSD? That makes no sense.

1 Like

What am I walking back on? Most GM cars are crappy, with several exceptions. Itā€™s a known fact, the resale value is a good indicator. Chrysler cars are worse. A nice Corvette isnā€™t going to make up for all the Aztek and Chevy Lumina they sold. Speak of Chrysler product, I have been eyeing a Guilia Quadrafolio. It was supposed to be some unicorn, but now dealers are giving 10-15K stickers after less than a year!

Do I think the Jeep is good? Hell no, but it hasnā€™t stopped people from paying 50K for them. The same goes for the G wagon (I would love one, but not 150K)

I have never driven the Cadillac, so I canā€™t comment on their system. What I can say is that both system takes a different approach on how it works. One thing I do know is that I can use mine in congested city streets when I want to (still canā€™t read red lights so beware), not just on the interstate like the GM model. It comes in handy in parts of my commute that donā€™t require the same level of attention as a normal street.

Most importantly, I am not driving an 80K Cadillac. I guess you can either buy them at 55K in September or lease them for $600 a month soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok, then how about thisā€¦Although, in his defense, he didnā€™t say when the countdown would start. Again, I wouldnā€™t trust this manā€™s promises any time in the near future.

tsla

Again, Muskā€™s tweets donā€™t equal a promise to deliver by Tesla. If you can show me somewhere in the contract that says FSD will be available by a certain date, Iā€™d love to see it. :stuck_out_tongue: If youā€™re basing your decision to purchase FSD based on that tweet than excuse me, but youā€™re dumb.

ā€œ6 months definitelyā€
How is that not a promise?

1 Like

Are you serious? (20202020)

yes, Iā€™m serious. His tweet is not an official announcement by Tesla. Also, itā€™s an estimate obviously. If he had the tech in his back pocket then he could make a promise, but obviously heā€™s just estimating. He obviously waaaaay underestimated how difficult of a problem FSD is. Thereā€™s a reason no company has been able to release FSD to production cars.

So, if the CEO of GM, Mary Barra, announces on Facebook that a new Tesla fighter will be here in 6 months, and they donā€™t deliver, thatā€™s not a promise by GM?

nope. Itā€™s an estimate. Just like the countless estimates of companies claiming to come out with EVs by 2019 and will likely fail to deliver.

And, if I were a shareholder of those other companies, Iā€™d be pretty pissed that they missed the target and would question their business acumen.

I realize targets get missed. Iā€™m not disputing that. Missing EVERY target, sometimes by years, and multiple times, is a problem.

I agree, but I believe shareholders are a little more forgiving when the company is still relatively new. Personally I never invested in Tesla, though in hindsight I couldā€™ve made a lot of money doing so!

So basically nothing Elon says we can take seriously. Gotcha.

1 Like

Iā€™d absolutely take it seriously. Regardless of your like or dislike for Tesla, thereā€™s no question Musk and Tesla/SpaceX are completing transforming the auto and space industries. He may be overly optimistic about delivery estimates, but to discount what heā€™s accomplished is no offense a little short sighted.

Itā€™s new in the grand scheme of the automotive world, but, with all due respect, this company is almost 15 years old. Itā€™s not new anymore, and canā€™t use that as a crutch.

If he would just shut his mouth, focus on quality and reliability, fit and finish, and quietly ramping up to the levels he is trying to reach, heā€™d probably be in a much better position in regard to actually taking the guy seriously, and would probably have fewer and less problematic complaints. Then, if he missed a target or two, you could easily fluff that off as ā€œno big deal.ā€ He can still promise till his heart is contentā€¦he doesnā€™t have to say things like ā€œ3 months.ā€ Words like ā€œsoonā€ or ā€œnear futureā€ or ā€œin the pipelineā€ would suffice. Instead, he overpromises and underdelivers with his rhetoric, and, whether you believe it or not, investors are getting tired of it. His customers (with the exception of the fanboys where nothing Tesla can do is wrong) are growing frustrated as well.

That is no way to build a sustaining business model.

This thread is amazing

4 Likes

6 Likes

The automotive information minister.