Tesla Model 3 News

Hi all! Seems to be a lot of interest in the Tesla Model 3 on this site, so I wanted to start a thread on all things Tesla Model 3. Feel free to add to the conversation and/or even compare it to current cars (electric or otherwise).

I thought this was pretty interesting! https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-vip-factory-tour-private-model-3-viewing/

Seems Tesla is bringing in VIPs (Tesla owners that referred a bunch of people to buy new Teslas) for an event on June 2 where apparently they’re going to get to see the final design of the Model 3! Seems like we’re very close!!!

I read no test drives for 6 months

One thing’s for sure, there aren’t going to be any lease hacks on a Model 3 any time soon. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tesla doesn’t discount anyways

I’ve seen 3 model 3s in the streets already here in socal. Looks just like a tesla

[That’s the joke]

20 chars

Makes sense. They’d be flooded with people trying to test drive the cars and wouldn’t have any cars to actually ship out to customers. I’m sure it’ll be a great car as long as you don’t have expectations that it’ll be as amazing as the Model S for half the price.

haha… that’s for sure. :slight_smile: I could anticipate that the biggest hack would be people reselling these for significantly more money than they pay since the wait list will be years.

1 Like

I lost you halfway through… something…

They will start leasehacking in 2020

alright, I deserved that. Sorry was feeling lazy that day.

so basically perfect time to get a 3 year lease so open for competitive offers then? :wink:

Get a 39 month lease to be on the safe side and make sure it is a brand that gives month to month extension for 6 months. That way you will have all the cards up your sleeve and be able to drive a hard bargain for a Model 3 - around $199 a month leasehacking special in Dec 2020 (when they announce Model 4 and the 500-mile-range BOLT 2) :slight_smile:

1 Like

haha… Tesla’s probably not even gonna be done delivering their preorders by 2020. With a $199 lease they’d have to do a much better job ramping up production! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

In 2020 they will be busy taking pre-orders for Model 4 from the Tesla fanboys lol.

1 Like

I think the next model is the crossover built off the model 3 design. I’m sure that’s gonna be super popular. I hear they have a pickup truck and big rig in the works as well.

After S3X is Y

1 Like

hah, yea. That’s the rumor. :slight_smile: Dunno what Y is going to be, but we can only assume it’s going to be an affordable SUV (built off the Model 3 frame).

Elon recently stated that the next model will be a crossover named Model Y and hopes to have it ready in 2019, but most likely 2020. It will NOT share the platform as the Model 3.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. :slight_smile: I knew I read about that somewhere. Wasn’t sure if it was confirmed. Didn’t hear the part about it not being the same platform as the model 3. I’ll have to read about it.