Tesla Model 3 News

They haven’t announced any price for dual motor yet. Most people are assuming it’s gonna be a 5k add on like the model s or a little cheaper.

Add about $4k to current prices would be my best guess. (Note, this is for dual motor (AWD) option only, not the higher eventual Performance “P” model).

Based on Elon’s previous statements, but as we know things can and do change with Tesla.

https://cleantechnica.com/2016/04/04/elon-musk-confirms-awd-option-for-model-3-will-cost-less-than-5000/

Big deal…this car did that in 1982…

2 Likes

So AWD will cost more than $60k. Price equivalent to loaded 5 series BMW. Not a easy decision to buy AWD even though I like Tesla. Michigan doesn’t have any tax credits

Yup again GM beat tesla to it lol

1 Like

Ya. Once you start talking fully loaded (especially when they get awd and white interior, you’re gonna be talking about 70k after tax. Starts putting you close to the model s price range and lots of other really expensive cars. At that point you have to start considering if you care more about the benefits of a fully electric car or if you just want want luxury. I’d be interested to see what Porsche comes out with in a few years but that’s gonna be in the 80k+ range.

LOL

Quality is terrible, and yet demand for this car is as high as ever.

When the posers and fashionistas inevitably move on to the next thing, Tesla will have to compete just like everyone else. At that stage it could be challenging for Tesla.

Mixed reviews from Edmunds…also mentioning some of the issues…

It’s iPhone craze #2. Fanboys will stay fanboys.

interesting article. I’ve heard a few similar stories like that, but others seem to have no issues at all. Maybe people on the Tesla forums are “fanboys” anyway, and don’t pay attention to the defects? Who knows. The one thing I can say is that I’m going to inspect my model 3 pretty closely and if there are any problems, I feel confident that Tesla will fix them. Wish me luck!

Make sure to come back and post it here, while Tesla will be fixing them :slight_smile:

post what here? If there’s a problem and I’m getting it repaired?

It amazes me people pay this much money for a car that has this many build quality issues (and this guy isn’t alone), and still praise it up and down, and fluff them off as “no big deal.”

Tesla fanbois rationalize like no other.

“Umm…your wheel just fell off.”
“No big deal! 120 years ago people wished they could drive a 3 wheeled car!”

“Your door won’t close”
“Hey, they’ll send an OTA update to fix it sometime next week. I’m good! I can just hold it closed while driving in the mean time.”

4 Likes

To each their own. I’m amazed that people spend this much money for an internal combustion engine car that requires $70 per tank gas fillups and periodic oil changes.

2 Likes

Fanboys of anything will rationalize anything they want. That’s a given. All the Tesla forums I’m on, people are pretty critical of manufacturing defects.

That cost less than the EV initially, even while paying for that expensive gas and oil, with more capabilities.

Another review critical of build quality.
Will Tesla ever figure out its production/quality issues?

You can get a Long range/Premium package version of the car for $50K. Here in CA, we have the $2500 rebate and there’s a $7500 federal tax credit still. That makes it $40K. With a 72 month loan, you can get your payments under $600/month. I’ll probably save a few hundred dollars a month in gas (even after the cost of electricity). Ignoring the cost of oil changes and other maintenance of ICE cars, that makes a brand new, super fast, super advanced car that’s arguably comparable to a BMW 3-series for $400/month, and you have unlimited miles and you own it!