Tesla Model 3 News

of course I sit on my button, doesn’t everyone?

a few times it has been so cold that my remote didn’t work. I had to breath on it very passionately and that seemed to do the trick. my lease is ending and it is getting warmer, so i don’t plan on investing in new battery.

2 Likes

it’s not that your opinions could sway me or justify the purchase of the car, but I like to be informed and think through all aspects of a purchase, especially one this large. I’ve never spent even a fraction of this much on a car, so I’d like to be sure this is the right decision for me. If there was any other car right now that I felt compared to the Model 3 for me, I’d be highly considering it, but for now I just don’t see another option.

Get a Model X with self presenting door, problem solved :slight_smile:

Got my invite and configured! w00t! Can’t wait.

4 Likes

Congrats…good luck!

1 Like

Thanks!! :slight_smile:

Congrats, we’ll miss you here :grin:

LoL. Thanks!! Don’t you worry, you won’t get rid of me that easily. :wink: My wife still has a lease and everyone else I know asks me for help now. :stuck_out_tongue:

and I’m sure you’ll be back to fawn over it :slightly_smiling_face:

I know, I know. You are still shopping for a small SUV for your dad. For the second year :joy:

1 Like

yea, he still expects me to get him a luxury car for like $200/month. :stuck_out_tongue: I keep telling him he’ll be waiting forever for that.

Will just put it in here

Jaguar reveals first all-electric SUV - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43239038

It’s missing a Tesla badge

That Jag looks real nice as long as you don’t plan to take it on any trips.

I received an invite for configuration yesterday. 1st day standing in line reservation (high-five’d w Elon ;-p), non-owner, living in SoCal. Only Long Range + Premium Package model is available. I’m going to wait until the end of the year and decide if it makes sense to buy/lease the Standard model.

Anyone got a sense how much a Standard model+Non-Premium Package+Red Color+Auto-Pilot ($5k) would cost for leasing? Right now, all leasings on Model 3 deserve a mention in the Worst Lease thread on this forum. Might make better sense to buy. Hope things get better towards the end of the year.

2 Likes

I don’t believe there’s any way to lease the Model 3 yet. From my understanding it’s purchase only at this point. Considering Tesla doesn’t negotiate on price, (MSRP = sale price), it would absolutely be the worst lease deal ever. :stuck_out_tongue: The price for the car you’re planning to configure is $35k+$1K+$5K = $41K + $1 dest/doc fee. Teslas have a super high resale value, so I assume the residual on any Tesla (especially the model 3) will be super high. If I were you, and I know everyone’s got their own priorities/budget, I’d get the LR/PUP/red version of the model 3 now. Drop the EAP and you can purchase it for $50K + $1 dest/doc fee (which you’ve already paid for with your deposit). If you’re in CA you qualify for $2500 rebate, and if you get the car now you still qualify for the $7500 federal rebate. You don’t get the tax credit and the rebate up front, but by next year you’ll recoup $10k. I don’t have a crystal ball, but if Teslas continue to hold their value as they have, you could probably resell it after 3 years and not lose a ton of the original value. Just a thought! Also, if you do plan on keeping the car for awhile, you could always upgrade to EAP when you save up some more money.

I watched that review earlier today and it seems pretty fair. I know the lack of buttons and a HUD frustrate a lot of people, but the car will definitely not be for everyone. Like I’ve said many times before, I was surprised by how quickly I got used to looking slightly right and down, rather than down when looking for my speed. As far as the other functions are concerned, I completely agree. Software updates can’t come soon enough, but Musk has promised they’d be coming soon. Hopefully by the time I get my car! :stuck_out_tongue: In case you guys haven’t been following his tweets, he’s said that voice control will be able to control nearly all aspects of the car and like the reviewer said, soon the right scroll wheel will have additional functionality. The big update coming soon will be the complete overhaul of the nav.

1 Like

What is estimated price of loaded AWD model 3 long range?

gonna be close to 60k