Tesla Model 3 News

You drop your phone and it breaks - you screwed. Someone likes your iPhone/Galaxy 9 and steals it - you screwed. Some system updates pushed to it, you don’t notice and your battery is dead - you screwed. Some exciting shit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

but but but…you have the backup wallet key card :roll_eyes:

I’m all for tech, but sometimes you have to draw the line.

You just have to be more responsible than a 5 year old. In this day and age that’s a lot to ask for.

2 Likes

The “line” has been crossed long time ago, probably by a steam engine. The point is, it’s already too late and it’s a matter of how much of a cyborg we choose to be not a matter of if.

I’m perfectly capable of pushing a button to turn on my air conditioning, or driving my own car. I don’t need Alexa’s help.

Don’t get me wrong, that stuff is neat, and it’s cool to see how technologically advanced we’ve become, but it’s unnecessary IMO. Do you really need to tell your car “turn on the air at 68 degrees” or can you just push a button, which would happen faster than speaking.

So, you are saying you never dropped your phone or it never died on you? Then why do we always say to grown ups not put any money down on a lease in case car may get totaled? What are the chances of a broken phone vs. totaled car :smirk:

That is not the case, when I approach the car on either side all the doors unlock.

1 Like

My remote battery died more times than my phone and that battery is much more difficult to find and replace than simply charge a phone. I have a push button without a keyhole on the door, so I’m still not sure how to get into my car when that happens.

1 Like

Why is this not a reasonable solution? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Really? How are you gonna recharge your phone in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere? My remote batteries never died, so grow up and replace them on time :slight_smile:
Seriously, I’m talking about accidental things that may disable your phone and your access to the car, as a result. Can happen with a fob, but it’s like totaling your car.

2 Likes

Do you sit on your button? I’ve yet to replace a fob battery in a 3 year lease. I have, however, dropped my phone. Guess I’m just a clumsy klutz.

It is a reasonable solution. Just like carrying a fob with an integrated key in the event the fob should die in 3-5 years of battery life.

ok, I got the impression from your post that a keycard was not a reasonable backup. 99.9999% of the time you’ll have your phone and it’ll work, and the other fraction of a percent you have to dig into your wallet and take out a card. Not the end of the world.

Nothing is the end of the world to a fanboy :slightly_smiling_face:

possibly, but you guys are bringing up something as a concern that really isn’t, even to someone that’s not a “fanboy”.

2 Likes

To you it isn’t a concern. To me, I feel differently. I was just razzing you with the fanboy comment though.

fair enough, that’s why I’m engaging in this conversation, to understand if your concerns feel significant enough to justify me not purchasing the car. In this particular case, the lack of a keyfob is a pro for me and not a con.

I don’t think anyone’s decisions should sway/justify you from purchasing the car. If you’re happy with the car, and can overlook all of Tesla’s shortcomings/flaws/faults to this point, why would someone sway you differently? Me personally…I would never jump into something so new…I don’t want to play guinea pig in a 50k car. Let someone else work out the bugs/kinks for me. The car has some positive attributes about it, however, there are also a lot of things I don’t like about the car…more so than the positives in my opinion. Different strokes for different folks.