Tesla Model 3 News

There are already owners on the east coast that have taken delivery if I recall correctly. So idk if they are solely delivering based on location.
Don’t get me wrong, I want u to get the car on time. I’m a current owner and have a reservation too. I will likely get mine before you do, and I’ll be delighted if I can get mine by March, lol…

1 Like

Yea, I’ve heard that some owners on the east coast have at least configured their cars. Dunno if they actually took delivery yet. I assume they waited in line like many of us on 3/31 if they got the configuration email. I’ve heard some current owners that reserved on 4/1 actually got theirs already as well.

I have no doubt you’ll get yours before me, and I’m jealous! :slight_smile: So you haven’t even received your configuration email yet? Out of curiosity, when did you put your reservation in and where do you live? There’s a spreadsheet online where people are tracking configurations and deliveries. From what I can tell, all current owners that reserved on 3/31 and 4/1 at least received their email.

They did. I saw two at the Dedham Supercharger in MA.
I haven’t received the email yet. I didn’t put down my $1k until two months ago. I live in MA now but I also kinda live in CA. My estimate timeframe shows Dec 2017 - Feb 2018.

1 Like

ah good to know. So I guess you are ahead of me in the queue, Bummer that you haven’t gotten the email yet, but I hope you get it soon! I guess Tesla still has about a month to send you a configuration email to hit the delivery estimate. Since there are very few combinations of options, it can be as little as about 2 weeks to take delivery after configuration from what I understand. Good luck!

Shame on Tesla. Changing the interior materials without informing buyers. Maybe by using cheaper material, this is one way to speed up production.

Funny, I was just going to post about that. Not good at all :frowning: I’m definitely going to send a message to Tesla about that. I have less of an issue about the material than just the fact that it doesn’t match the other materials.

Classic bait and switch

If you guys haven’t seen the news already. There’s a few Tesla stores in the bay area, LA and now NY that have the Model 3 on display. If you’re interested in the car, definitely check it out if you’re in the area! I know the lines were insane the first few days, but hopefully it’s calmed down a little now.

1 Like

Starting to see them almost daily now! Of the 4,000 or so delivered, half are probably in NorCal and the other half in SoCal. :laughing:

1 Like

yea, I’ve seen 4 in San Diego so far! A few of the guys that have taken delivery have been kind enough to do meetups where people could see and spend some time in the car. There’s a red one at one of the buildings at work now so that’s kind of cool. I’m still torn on what color to get so hopefully I’ll see all the colors before I configure.

I feel sorry for the early adopters that get the units that slipped through the cracks of QA…if Tesla even has a QA step that is:

Saw that post the other day about panel gaps, but out of all the Model 3s I’ve seen in San Diego so far, I didn’t notice any obvious issues with the cars. There was one guy in San Diego that was scheduled to pick up his Model 3, but the glass roof had a huge crack in it. I guess stuff happens, but they fixed it and it’s all good now.

I can’t see them lasting for the long haul without someone partnering with them. Their only source of capital is investors at the moment, and there’s currently no path to profitability from the actual sale of cars according to the experts.

Saw my first Model 3 in the wild today. It was a fleeting glimpse as it went by on a cross street while I was stopped at a light. My immediate thought was that it looked like what a Saturn electric car would have been like had Saturn survived.

My taste in cars in weird so you can discount my views on aesthetics.

They may eventually make money from batteries sales.

I guess there’s always this too…

LoL. Saturn? Well, that’s definitely the first I’ve heard a comparison to Saturn. Usually I hear that the front looks like a porsche and the back looks like a Model S. I can’t think of any other comparison that makes sense.

I saw it side profile on going by at 40MPH.

It reminded me of the first generation Saturn sedan, the SL1. Remember that car was introduced in 1990 so it is 28 years old now. I was picturing 25+ years of evolution leading to a shape embodied in the Tesla 3.

Remember this was from seeing it go by for 5 seconds.

1 Like

If you squint hard enough you could say that about pretty much every car. :stuck_out_tongue:

images
images

2 Likes