Tesla Model 3 News

Tesla has a referral program for Model S/X owners. They can potentially get all kinds of cool stuff for referring someone that buys a Model S/X. The person buying the car gets a $1k discount and free supercharging for life. From my understanding, if you can refer a certain amount of people (I think it’s something like 100), you could get a FREE Tesla roadster 2.0 when it comes out. There’s a guy on youtube that actually got that many referrals!

Unfortunately for those of us that will own a Model 3, I don’t believe there are any incentives to referring people. Also, there is no incentive for a Model S/X owner to refer someone to buy a Model 3.

I wish I could get a discount! Unfortunately I have to pay full price like everyone else. All I can say is I’ve actually gotten to drive one and the car is awesome! You can call it “fanboi crap” all you want, but I’m a huge technology nut and have never been too into cars, but the Model 3 has actually gotten my attention. If you have a preference for other cars that’s fine, but I don’t attack your car preferences.

1 Like

Not Model 3, but Tesla :grin:

1 Like

Pretty awesome if true. Thanks for sharing. I hadn’t seen that. Too bad the model 3 doesn’t have a place to connect a tow hitch. Lots of people on the Model 3 forums are upset about that. Would’ve been nice to have if I ever get a boat.

Oh and I appreciate you posting a positive article on tesla for once. :wink:

competition is going to get fierce the next few years…

I really hope it does! Sadly, other than Chevy and Tesla, everything else has pretty much been vaporware. :frowning: They’re saying the Fisker will come out end of 2019, which to me sounds exactly like every other car company making claims that they’ll release their fully electric tesla killer by 2020. Hate to be so skeptical, but I’ll believe it when I see it. :wink: In the meantime, I’ll likely get a few years behind the wheel of the Model 3 before other car companies finally catch up.

I’m neutral and want Tesla to succeed. I’d buy Model 3, too. Only if it had normal dashboard :grin:

2 Likes

Motor Trend just compared the Leaf, Bolt and Model 3. Model three won. Of course, Tesla delivered the top of the line model $60k :scream: Bolt came our second with attributes from both the Leaf and Model 3.
BTW, there is a tanker on fire in the China Sea with about a million barrels of oil on it. It could explode which would be really bad for the environment. Let’s hope oil goes away in the future and electric keeps growing to avoid tragedies like this.

1 Like

Great to hear it. :slight_smile: My biggest problem is the price for the one I’m getting, but I love the car, so I’m sucking it up and shelling out the money. I know a lot of people are upset about the dashboard, but I highly recommend trying out the car before reserving judgement. Keep in mind, most dashboard gauges are no longer applicable on an electric car. The one thing that seems to be the biggest complaint is having took look right for the speedometer. To me this was absolutely a non-issue. The screen is perfectly positioned where you can see your speed at the corner of your eye. I feel like looking down for your speed is actually more dangerous than looking slightly to the right for it.

You could definitely make the argument that a HUD would have been better, but I’m not too concerned about it. Everyone I know that has driven the car so far loves the fact that the dash is super low and the visibility is amazing! It feels very open and makes the driving experience so much better!

Not surprised at all. I would be shocked if somehow the bolt or leaf came out ahead of the Model 3. :stuck_out_tongue: They’re comparing a luxury car to a mainstream brand. It would be nice if BMW could release a fully electric 200 mile+ range 3-series. I feel like then we’d get a true comparison. I know a lot of people have told me that the seats on the Bolt are super uncomfortable compared to the model 3 (no offense chevygirl!). That being said, I’m thrilled that Chevy and Nissan are at least making an effort in the electric car space. If the model 3 wasn’t an option for me, I’d be seriously considering a Bolt at the ridiculously cheap lease prices that have been posted on this forum. Not looking forward to paying 3 times the price. :stuck_out_tongue: (but at least I’ll own it)

I’m with Ursus. I like my traditional gauges in front of me on a “normal” dashboard setup. The cars that used to put their gauges in the center of the dash (think Saturn Ion), I wouldn’t even consider test driving one.

Motor Trend likes to do these comparisons where they compare cars like a $60k Model 3 against a $35k Leaf and Bolt.

I suppose this sells magazines but it’s not a fair comparison at all.

1 Like

i would hope that at least they’d get the seats right for the extra $750/ month lease :t_rex: :t_rex: :t_rex:

1 Like

Keep in mind that the “gauges” aren’t in the center. There aren’t really any gauges anymore. There’s a speedometer and it’s not in the center, but on the upper left of the center screen just barely to the right of the steering wheel. Like I said before, drive one and then make a call.

hahaha… seriously. Well, it’s $750 extra for a Model 3 purchase vs a Bolt lease, but still yea 100% agree. Like I said, pretty ridiculous to compare a luxury car to a mainstream car.

It’s a nice looking car, and I’m sure it’s fun to drive with the electric torque, but a pure electric doesn’t interest me. There are too many drawbacks, mainly range anxiety. I don’t want to have to wait hours for a “fill up” when I’m on the highway, not to mention actually planning around where to charge. Others have said buy one for around town use, however, that’s a very expensive grocery getter in my eyes. Hybrids are one thing, but until they have the infrastructure to support a reasonable time for a charge, as well as having them in more locations around the country, I’ll keep my internal combustion.

Your sales tax will be more than my Bolt lease

3 Likes

No Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. i’m out. just lost all faith. every luxury car has that. invalid argument :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Yea, I was all into Tesla 3 but after all those delays, and price i decided to drop off from this chase.

Got myself nice MB C300 with help of this site for 230/month with 0 down and will be happy for the next 3 years. Who knows what will be then, maybe I will get that 3 when it will be freely available without all those hype around it.

I understand your argument and I used to be in the exact same boat. When it comes to the Model 3 though, I don’t see where the range anxiety concern is? The long range version has a 310 mile range (314 by some reports)! I live in Socal which I consider to be on the higher side when it comes to distances needing to be traveled and 310 miles seems to be more than enough for pretty much any commute I could potentially have. I could drive from San Diego to LA and back and still have enough juice left over to run some errands around town.

If I decide to drive up to NorCal, this would require one charge along the way. A stop at a super charging station does not require hours as you claim. You can actually charge to 80% within 30 minutes. I’d guess most people spend upwards of 10 minutes at a gas station filling up anyway, so this really isn’t the end of the world. Go take a piss or grab a bite to eat and next thing you know the car is fully charged. This also costs a fraction of the money ($5-10) per charge rather than $40+ for a tank of gas.

There’s always going to be exceptions, but I’d say 99.9% of the population will have zero range anxiety, but they’ll actually be spending LESS time charging their car than they would spend filling up their gas tanks on average.

1 Like

LoL. it’ll be about 4k, but yea if I didn’t love this car so much that would seem insane.