Tesla Model 3 News

Woo hoo! Thanks for the heads up! I hadn’t seen that yet. Hoping they get through the current owners quick style!

has anyone in LH received their car yet? My friends closest estimate per a very early preorder is March 2018

I just preordered mine, I should have it by the end of January.

Congrrats! No kidding! really? that early? I am in market for model 3 and holding of temptation of bolt sales this year :slight_smile:

Preordered or configured?

Thank you I am really excited to get it. I am reading this car just for performance is on par with the A4 and 3 Series.

I have another thread up to see if anyone wants to takeover my 3 Series lease;

It has been configured.

1 Like

Wow congrats! You’re not going to be disappointed! After driving it once I just can’t wait for my Model 3 configuration email. I’ve driven many cars and I can’t say I’ve driven anything as fun as the Model 3. I assume you’re a current Tesla owner to have gotten a configuration email so soon? I waited in line day 1 (3/31/16) and my estimated delivery is Jan-Mar. I think the earliest estimate for non-employee and non-current tesla owners is a Dec-Feb delivery. I have a friend that is in that time frame but has yet to get a configuration email.

Yes current owner, I have seen the Model 3 in person but I have not driven it. I am definitely excited to get it.

awesome. I’m jealous. I’ve never driven the model S, but I can only assume it’s similar. Some have said the ride is a little rougher and obviously you’re not gonna get 0-60 in less than 4 seconds like some of the Model S’s (though 4.9 doesn’t suck), but I’ve heard that some feel the seats are actually more comfortable and there’s more headroom on the model 3. Originally I wasn’t gonna spend the 5k on autopilot but after playing with it, I had to have it.

Friend got his Model 3 two days before Christmas. California resident, day one reservation, and existing Tesla in the garage. Midnight Silver with 19” wheels — nice car!

Just curious, what is the approximate price with options?

Nice! Sounds like the exact same configuration I’m looking to get! Still a little torn on Midnight silver vs white and if I want to spend the money on the 19" wheels, but most likely I will. I bet your friend is having a blast driving it!

So all initial deliveries are for long range and premium package cars.

Base = 35k
Long Range = 9k
Premium package = 5k
Any color other than black = 1k (midnight silver, metallic white, red, silver, blue)
19" wheels = 1.5K
Enhanced Auto pilot = 5K
Full Self driving (to be activated when it comes out) = 3K

Right now that’s all the options you have. If you want to first deliveries it’s 49K to start (before federal and state tax credits). I definitely plan to upgrade color and Enhanced auto pilot, so that will make it at least 55K. If I upgrade the wheels it goes to 56.5K + tax + 1K delivery fee (even if you pick it up from the factory in Fremont).

Not cheap, but I’d say you’re getting something equivalent if not better than a 3-series BMW with autopilot and lots of other amazing features, not to mention you never have to stop at a gas station ever again. You still have to pay for electricity, but you can fill up a full charge for $5-10 which gets you 310 mile range. Also, no more oil changes, transmission fluids, smog checks or any other significant maintenance costs (though Tesla does charge a lot for some really basic maintenance on the Model S).

Thanks for the detailed information.

LoL. It’s funny how people interpret things in different ways. When I saw the Q4 results I was excited! I was expecting much worse. They had already produced over 2500 cars and it was announced that they had already hit a production rate of over 1000 cars/week during the last week of the year. If that’s true then 4000 cars/month isn’t the 20K they were hoping for, but still good and they’re still improving at an exponential rate. It sounds like most current Tesla owners have already received invitations to configure and those of us that waited in line will likely start getting invites in the next month or two. So far their delivery estimates are only 1 month behind the original schedule so I consider that pretty dang good for a company that has barely produced 200k cars the entire time they existed.

Even if they delay another month, I’ll be excited to get mine by April!

You mean realistic people vs Tesla fanboys? :rofl:

1 Like

Honest question - do Tesla customers get a discount for posting fanboi crap on the internet? Tesla seems like one of those companies that would hire shills to do that sort of thing.

1 Like

LoL. no those are the real numbers and they seem pretty reasonable to me considering how little experience Tesla has at mass producing cars. Like I said, I’m hoping they’re on schedule to get me my car by March, but I’m being realistic and saying April.

1 Like