Tesla Model 3 News

Don’t worry Michael. Even if you had $40k cash to plunk on a Model 3 right now, you could not :slight_smile: get one. You rmoney is no good at Elon’s store. Only employees, shareholders, step children, half blood princes and elves can get one now …

Think of the Model 3 as a forced savings plan. It makes you not want to buy or lease any other car and yet M3 cannot be bought yet …

Until then, you can live vicariously through the reviews of the 3 whilst blasting “If I can’t have you, I don’t want nobody babe …”

2 Likes

There is a difference between being the most optimistic person in the world and the most unrealistic FOS snake oil salesman in the world.
By that measure, the US Men’s soccer team is the most optimistic team in the World Cup. And of course they didn’t hit expectations :laughing:

Allow me to be the most optimistic crystal baller in the world and predict that in 3 months Model 3 will be leasing for 199, 0 down then :rofl:

Or they will be collectible items, and Tesla is found to have some Enron accounting type issues. :slight_smile: Again, wish them the best really. I really like the model 3. Just impressive what the stock is doing and Elon Musk should be a politician for promising and not delivering, but still be unscathed.

Get a Model 3 now, ONLY $150,000… https://monterey.craigslist.org/cto/d/tesla-model-3/6341439192.html

LMAO

Leafs, I3s Volts and Bolts were selling above MSRP when they just came out. One of the first TEsla Model S resold on ebay for 140k. As usual, the early adopters have more money than sense …

1 Like

Ah but the appeal of watching all those envious WannaBees/havenots… Priceless.

And it’ll only cost you another $110k (or so) extra.

Like some people on twitter mentioned, it’s possible another car company may buy it to see what they have to compete with.

I read that. Now are they permanent or temp employees? Tucker Autos all over again?

They don’t need annual review to let temps go.

Tesla Model 3 Ignites War Between Skeptics And Supporters

404-Airbnb

Yesssss!

Glad to see other car manufacturers taking electric cars seriously, but this is in no way a direct challenger to Tesla. This is a hybrid (until at least 2019) and it’s a coupe which Tesla doesn’t even currently sell. They say a Model 3 competitor would be out by 2019, but that’ll likely be end of 2019 (2020 model year) at the earliest. Hope Tesla really does get some serious competition because right now there’s just nothing like it.

1 Like

You may not get your Model 3 until then, so… :grin:

1 Like

Guess we’ll see! Still holding out some hope for early 2018!

What’s your ETA on tesla.com?

Currently it’s Dec '17-Feb '18. The date expected delivery estimate hasn’t changed since they opened up the system. Hoping they’re still somehow able to pull that off, but I’m not holding my breath that I’ll get it before Feb. The wait is that much harder now that I had a chance to drive one! Almost wish I didn’t drive it so I wouldn’t know what I’m missing!

1 Like

Elon, who is like the most optimistic person when it comes to production, said those who are expected Oct. - Dec. delivery date should expect the car in Dec., so I guess those who are in the same Dec.-Feb. boat with you can expect delivery Feb.-Mar. at best. My reservation is Jan.-Mar., but I actually wish to get it later so hopefully there will be lease option available.

The Model S leases don’t make much sense - perhaps the 3 will be different, but you have:

5.5% APR (vs 1.5% for purchase)
No real credit for the federal tax credit (50% or less residual, and no credit on the purchase price)
Significant down payment/cap cost reduction required

In other words, they are not supporting the leases at all.

Because Tesla’s BS is not in great shape, I doubt they are going to encourage people to lease the Model 3… to do that they would have to support/work with the leasing companies. You see that they did this after the initial fanfare around the Model S wore off, but we are likely some time away from that as it relates to the Model 3.