Tesla Model 3 News

Thanks for passing that along! I actually hadn’t seen this video. That red with Sport wheels looks sexy! I probably won’t get red, but I like it.

I think you’re right that it’ll take awhile before the Model 3s could be purchased from inventory. By that time, the focus will likely be on the Model Y. Tesla never negotiates pricing, so as long as they’re sought after, I don’t see lease hacking even a consideration.

LoL. I’ll experience the beauties of nature by traveling to other places. I’m perfectly happy not having to deal with snow except when I’m snowboarding.

1 Like

The First Model 3 Production Unit Gets Delivered In Austin, TX, Reveals Car’s Learning Curve

Finally lol. So maybe they will be able to ramp this up to a few hundred a week as opposed to a month…

Apparently the current vin is #259. They had said 1500 by end September. So you think we will see vin 1500 in 5 days?

Where did you read that post from? Funny thing is we have a @bro1999 here too. I’m assuming it’s the same person.

You are assuming? LOL

1 Like

I was wondering if the user Ursus on mailorderbride.com was the same as @ursus here? But then again, maybe ursus is a common name and lots of lose… ehm people are Chelsea fans …

It would definitely be easy to find you if someone was looking for a match.

That article is a little confused, it seems to indicate that things like windshield wipers are only controlled by the screen which isn’t true. Like any other car, it’s expected there’s a bit of a learning curve if there’s enough tech in it. I know for BMW, they have a whole class that they offer to teach you all about the car.

I’m skeptical about VIN 259 being the latest one to be delivered. Either way, as I’ve said before, even if Tesla is on track, we won’t see VIN 1500 in 5 days. VIN 1500 may be potentially in the warehouse waiting to be delivered. Based on the videos and info coming out about the car’s software, I would guess they’re holding off on deliveries for non-employees until the software is quite a bit farther along. Simple features like Bluetooth don’t even seem to be ready. That’s ok to ship out to employees, but for non-employee customers, I don’t see that flying. Hopefully they’ll update software soon!

I think it is the Tesla engineering and production dept that is a little bit confused. Bluetooth not working on the only car delivered to Texas? Having to store cars in warehouse until the software can be “further along”? In that aspect, GM rollout of Bolt looks like a scholarly exercise whilst Tesla’s rollout looks like a seat of the pants kindergarten project …

1 Like

Yep, that’s me.
This whole rollout of the Model 3 is a complete debacle. If you’re gonna deliver unfinished cars to employees only, just call it what it is Elon: pre-production testing. Why even bother with the farce of “July deliveries”? Wait, that’s to keep the stock valuation inflated, that’s why.

I think the biggest criticism of the Bolt launch was that it was only available in 2 states initially, and the delay of the arrival of the first trains of Bolts in CA. No issues with the Bolt not having FM radio, or streaming bluetooth music, working intermittent wipers. Lol

I can only speak for the info being talked about on the Model 3 forums, but it really seems that quite a bit of the software functionality for the Model 3 is not complete. Features like bluetooth and am/fm radio aren’t even active yet. Fortunately over the air updates on the Model 3 are very easy to do. Rumor is that production is on track, but I have no way to confirm that. Comparing ramp up of production of a car like the Model 3 (growing to 500,000 per year) and a car like like the Bolt (10-15K expected deliveries per year) is like comparing apples to oranges.

How is it a debacle? So far everyone that’s reported to take delivery of the Model 3 has been ecstatic about the car. No one seems to be all that concerned about the missing software features. All that will come in time. I’d take delivery today if it meant I had to wait a few months for additional software updates. And employees are paying full price for the car and the car (minus some software features) is fully complete, so it definitely shouldn’t be considered pre-production.

2 Likes

I have no direct way to confirm that production is not on track either but the fact that Tesla has seen a precipitous drop in stock price is generally not a sign of “on track”

Tesla Model 3 buyers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think you are describing fan boys rather than buyers. One can be a buyer without being a fan boy.A buyer just wants to know - when will I get a reliable Model 3 that I can customize with AM and Blue tooth lol. If it’s in 2025, so be it - but don’t tell me in a few months and then deliver one Model 3 in texas with bugs galore after 2 months of production launch :slight_smile:
Would you be ok if Apple launched Iphone 8 and there were only 2 available and those were for employes only… Would you be okay if your electric company said yup we turned on the power to your house and after 2 months you only had electricity 1 hour a day? Would you be okay if the dealer advertised an X3 for 99 a month and when you called they said it just sold? Lol …

1 Like

LoL. I’m following rumors and info pretty closely so I’m definitely trying to keep an open mind. Obviously I’m more excited than others on here about the Model 3, but I wouldn’t by any means say I’m a fanboy.

1 Like

@ng0 I’ve read many of your posts and would consider you a fanboi. :laughing:

I actually pre-ordered a Model 3 on the 1st day available as well, but am getting less and less excited about it and will probably cancel it soon.