Tesla Model 3/ Model Y Lease Reductions for Leasehackrs!

Tesla Model 3/Model Y just got lease pricing cuts by ~$100/month. I won’t post any specific deal I got, it’s a nationwide offer from tesla.com anyone can get it

IMG_7995

4 Likes

I’m hurting, FU Elon :pensive:

4 Likes

Lol someone needs to put these into the LH Calculator.

BTW, Tesla’s baseline lease terms are usually $4,500 down for 3yr 10k per annum.

4 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Tesla Landfill. Shame. Shame. Shame

Yea these are all with 4500 down which is about 7500 das in California,

1 Like

$517/mo, tax included with $2433 drive-offs for a base Model 3 for zip 92010. Not horrible.

3 Likes

Not sure if $4500 down for cap cost is a great lease for these cars. They were widely publicized on Twitter too until ppl pointed out this fact. the low “headline monthly number” is really misleading

1 Like

It’s a nice reduction but I think it’s still a tough sale compared to IONIQ 5 (esp. awd). I guess many like the tech and the Tesla charging network, but just car wise, I’d take an IONIQ 5.
That said, genuine question: I spotted some demos on Tesla inventory search, would they be even cheaper to lease? Maybe that will make a even better deal…

1 Like

Is there a reason ioniqs aren’t selling well compared to teslas? Is it the low range or just branding.

I’m personally really excited for the ioniq 5 N but I shudder to think how much it’s going to cost and that’ll probably push me back to tesla.

1 Like

$0 down, $456/mth for 24/10k is decent, especially in states that only tax the lease payments.

Downpayment
$0
Term
24 Months
Annual Miles
10,000 miles
Include Est. Taxes and Fees
Lease Payment $456 /mo
Includes Destination fee $1,390

1 Like

I think it’s a combination of both, mostly brand though. I’m excited for the N too (although we can get an idea already from EV6 GT). The EV6 GT is actually not that expensive (according to broker spreadsheet if I remember correctly) it’s less than Model Y performance.
People love Tesla that’s why they sell well—I even think they can be the most expensive out of all competitors and still sell well. I don’t like Teslas, but I am happy to be the minority and not force my opinion onto others lol…

From what I have seen on Tesla site. The demo models say…“This vehicle is not able to be leased due to the adjusted price.”

2 Likes

Much cheaper than when I got mine, sucks but oh well. Luckily I did a 2 year lease for this exact reason, I knew they were going to drop prices more and more. Glad I didn’t buy because the current trade in offers are awful.

2 Likes

Ioniqs don’t get the $7,500 rebate right now, I believe. They’re working on changing the batteries being made in USA.

Ioniqs are not assembled in the US, so no tax credit on purchases. They do qualify for the full tax credit on leases, and I believe Hyundai is passing through the full amount on at least some models (maybe all) Ioniqs. There are no made in US restrictions (on the car or batteries) on the tax credit on leases.

2 Likes

Your numbers got me curious and I ran a quote on their website. No intention of buying an ev at all.

Monthly tax state.

$509/month with $2530 due at signing with ttl included. 24/10. 0 down. That’s effectively more than $600 for a base model 3, quite far from the $456 you mentioned.

2 Likes

Still, not a good lease compared to Ioniq 5, ID4, and EV6.

1 Like

Me too. I tried to quote on their website. For a base Model 3, it shows $4500 down + $329/month for 10k miles / year, which means $454/month effectively. I cannot find information related to Acquisition fee / doc or processing fee / gov fees / taxes.

For NJ, I can get $4000 rebate for ChargeUpNJ program. I cannot get $7500 Federal credit because of restrictions.

Overall, still very expensive for an EV.

You should see an option to display all fees and taxes once you enter your zip code. This is for a Model Y for zip 92010.

1 Like

Basically giving better lease price, but it’s not a hack.

I would just buy this car, isn’t Tesla resale value on the Model Y and Model 3 typically very strong?