Tesla Model 3 or Y lease or finance?

Gotcha! This info is super valuable. Thanks so much for those tips

There’s a fantastic thread on here for getting a tesla fast. Lots of back and forth, but lots of valuable information.

If you want one, I’d recommend hoping in the discord there and setting alerts for your locale. It’ll alert you when an inventory car comes into stock. When you find one that meets your needs, jump on it. Rather than have one shipped, just wait and watch for a week. Something local will show up.

2 Likes

LR3 order wait times are pretty short last I checked.

Always finance a Tesla.

3 Likes

Where can I find this discord?

1 Like

Just my 2 cents: If you’re coming for from a civic type R you probably want at least the Lang Range and perhaps even the performance.

Have you driven any of them before?

It’s been reported that Tesla has also been removing FSD when it is sold through a dealership (but not private parties) so probably would not get any resale from FSD… You can also buy the FSD software at anytime

I have not. Need to do that soon. Truth be told I rarely ever drive my type-r very hard anyway. I think i got it as more of a mid life crisis thing. Brought back some nostalgic memories of when i was in highschool and college and wanted a supped up honda or integra so bad but didn’t have 2 quarters to rub together at that time.

1 Like

I’ve heard that they’re removing private party too just recently.

How can they do this? It’s a feature the user bought, it belongs to them?

Insert right to repair debate here

1 Like

Probably more of a software/license thing?

Bottom line don’t buy FSD.

Subscription service for FSD has been out. IMO it’s the way to go rather than spending the full 10k.

1 Like

Then the full paid FSD better stay with the original buyer from car to car against a refund of the license (in case someone leaves the brand altogether)

1 Like

100% agree especially since Tesla just stopped 3rd party lease buyouts a few weeks ago.

Ideally it could be part of a profile cloud and any hardware capable tesla you get into enables features you own a license for or other subscribe to.

Don’t get me wrong, this has It’s own big brother-like implications but it’s the most fair way to handle the FSD boondoggle.

Again this is all going off of what I’ve read on another forum. I can’t confirm this, and Tesla sure won’t.

Just easier for everyone to subscribe in and out of cars as they wish.

Maybe we will see the option to buy FSD go away and grandfather buyers (early adopters, basically) with a for life license that is credential based and goes from car to car.

Would be nice if free supercharging did the same too but not holding my breath for that either.