Tesla Model 3 or Y lease or finance?

How can they do this? It’s a feature the user bought, it belongs to them?

Insert right to repair debate here

1 Like

Probably more of a software/license thing?

Bottom line don’t buy FSD.

Subscription service for FSD has been out. IMO it’s the way to go rather than spending the full 10k.

1 Like

Then the full paid FSD better stay with the original buyer from car to car against a refund of the license (in case someone leaves the brand altogether)

1 Like

100% agree especially since Tesla just stopped 3rd party lease buyouts a few weeks ago.

Ideally it could be part of a profile cloud and any hardware capable tesla you get into enables features you own a license for or other subscribe to.

Don’t get me wrong, this has It’s own big brother-like implications but it’s the most fair way to handle the FSD boondoggle.

Again this is all going off of what I’ve read on another forum. I can’t confirm this, and Tesla sure won’t.

Just easier for everyone to subscribe in and out of cars as they wish.

Maybe we will see the option to buy FSD go away and grandfather buyers (early adopters, basically) with a for life license that is credential based and goes from car to car.

Would be nice if free supercharging did the same too but not holding my breath for that either.

Probably would be best to wait to see what happens with federal EV tax negotiations…could mean 8K, 10K, more of credits.

I am reading about this in the forums. Sounds like if it passes, the credits will apply to vehicles purchased next year.

So I guess wait another month before making any moves…??

Not so sure anything going to pass right now…

1 Like

You Shall Not Pass Lord Of The Rings GIF

2 Likes

2 Likes

For those of you up to tuned in to everything going on with EV’s (inventory, wait times, tax credit, etc) what are your thoughts on this local deal I found through CarGurus for a Tesla model Y with less than 10k miles?

Its being sold by a Mitsubishi Dealership and CarGurus says its been there 133 days.

My trade-in would be a 2018 Honda Civic Type R which I still owe about $8400 on. Carvana offered me about $30,700 for it but I see them going for closer to 40k. So 30k seems lowball for me to sell to them.

Thoughts? What would you do? Any strategies or tips? I want to sell my Type R and get my first EV.

This is something like $2000 OVER MSRP OF A BRAND NEW ONE

Just curious: why not exploring getting a new Model Y directly from Tesla?

I’ll give you 31 for your type R
I’m in so cal :slight_smile:

Lol Carvana lowballing you

I sold my 19 type r with 21k for 40500 to CarMax….

There are reports that you can get a new one quickly right now, since many folks are delaying delivery, hoping that the Federal tax credit is brought back for 2022.

1 Like