Tesla Deals your contact inside Tesla

You really think so? Explain?

Tesla going under? We should probably take that to The Off Ramp. Like most I love Elon Musk - as a product manager. He has no right to be on a Board of Directors or have a C-level title. I can point to data and charts and first hand accounts from people who left and warranty lawsuits etc etc. All stuff (for example) GM could handle in their sleep (ice queen Mary Barra is sorry your GM killed you, and while it isnā€™t their fault she wouldnā€™t let her teenager drive that car), but Tesla just isnā€™t equipped to. Musk is borrowing against stock and his 5 houses to float payroll. They have $4B in outstanding AP. But if weā€™re doing this, Iā€™d want to lay out everything first and want you to read before you reply. Iā€™ve had them under a microscope for 11 years nowā€¦

1 Like

Funny, he sent me the same car as well. The payment for $715/month with a $8k down makes it almost a 30,000 over the 3 year lease. For that it might make sense to just order a Model 3, I am certain the resale after 3 years is still $15-20k.

Its nice to be able to drive a Model S. I will pay that much/month to own but to lease, probably not.

1 Like

I find it hilarious that tesla wanted to avoid the sleazy dealer model and instead offer straight forward pricing yet they now have hidden pricing and the difference between the two is even worse than the regular dealerships.

4 Likes

It gets worse when you look at the hurt under the kimono:

The rent charge is 5.85% and if my math is right thatā€™s with a 73% residual!

These deals are not very good. :thinking:

1 Like

Thatā€™s horrible.

Yeah, considering we here are LH, this isnā€™t a good deal. With the drop in federal credit already and more after June a pricing adjustment is inevitable. Tesla has to drop the MF to make it attractive.

Tesla has been on the verge of bankruptcy for 10 years now. Mysteriously they always seem to pull through. This is the SpaceX story all over again and some people will never learn. But by all means, keep the $TSLAQ narrative alive!

2 Likes

It wonā€™t be that minimalist. It will still keep the instrument cluster. primarily, it will get the model 3 hvac system.

These are for the people who bought the standard range, they knew when they bought it that they would be downgraded from the standard range plus. The headline makes it come off negative when I read it and prob towards others if they donā€™t know much about the models of Tesla.

2 Likes

Agree, on another deal thread I follow, so much hate and negative and misinformed folks on Tesla. its amazingā€¦ in anywise I am not complaining as I would be able to get a better LH deal :slight_smile:

Does anyone think with the Federal credit gone, Tesla may drop the price more or anything?

Prob just strip features for lower price or add features keeping price same.

If they lower price, it may not look good so I am thinking just probably add more for the same price. perhaps the $35K version also gets the autopilot included? just a thought. as eventually the more Tesla cars with AP are on road, more data for them to improve Autopilotā€¦

I wouldnā€™t buy it with Autopilot. You still have to keep your hands on the wheels and they still have a habit of slamming into semi trailers.

Yes, they already did it onceā€¦i bet they will do it againā€¦however i donā€™t think July will have better deals than end of Q June.

If your hands are on the wheel (as they advise you to do) is it the car or is it you that slams into stuff?

With the demand for 3 steady it doesnā€™t seem like there is any push for end of June as far as I can tell.

Thereā€™s definitely a push. Rumor has it,Tesla employees will be given bonuses based on deliveries.

1 Like

It would not surprise me one bit. Actually it would be surprising if they didnā€™tā€¦it would be the first Q in recent history without a pushā€¦and while TM3 sales are growing the X/S are down for some time now hence the discounts are mainly on these 2 models.