Tesla Deals your contact inside Tesla

I m not sure if the 3 applies or not, that is a ? for Tesla.

Only current Model S and X owners get the additional $20k(Free Ludicrous Upgrade) It applies on Performance Models and Performance Models with Ludicrous. It took me almost a month to get a deal put together. I had a few where I put money down about a month ago and they couldnā€™t figure it out on a lease. Should be picking mine up today.

Awesome great to hear, were you able to get the 20K on a non ludicrous car that was performance? What did you end up?

They might be less interested in offering heavy discount this quarter. They are reportedly reaching ā€œnew recordā€ sales.

These sales are carried by the Model 3. They should offer discounts for X and S especially since a big refresh is rumored to be in the books.

You mean already partially happened - thereā€™s already been a 20% range increase due to a drivetrain change that happened in the last 2 months

Heā€™s referring to a MCE coming, where the interior is rumored to be overhauled in favor of the M3s minimalist design, along with some other changes to the powertrain/suspension/body and not just the range enhancement youā€™re referring to.

Supposed to hit sometime around September last I heard. Although, timelines arenā€™t a strong suit of Tesla, so it could end up being later.

Itā€™s rumored to include body, interior, extra motor for a total of 3 (each back wheel to have one), new type of battery, more range, V3 charging capable. Weā€™ll see how many are actually trueā€¦

Agree the way I look at it if u can get a deal on a current model why not tech is still great range is great and any new one will be at a premium for sure with almost discount at least for 6 mo to 1 year at which point you are almost done with lease.

Wonder what theyā€™re doing differentā€¦

Gents, found this article. Tesla is working on improving the range of X/S up to 400 miles range.

1 Like

My next car will be a Model 3. The only thing stopping me from ordering it today is the 9 months remaining on my $335/mo '18 Volvo S90 T6.

1 Like

At that payment I m sure someone would take over lease if u swap your lease.

Volvo doesnā€™t allow lease transfers.

1 Like

Oh that sucks.

Robb emailed me again today, after I thanked him and said I wasnā€™t interested, with this:

1. why get a Tesla without autopilot? EV aside, itā€™s an Audi shell with a Jetta interior
  2. Can anyone else spot the deal here? I donā€™t see it.

Just to be clear: the S is rumored to get the Model 3 drive train and interior refresh. Since the Alpha build went on tour in 2011 theyā€™ve given it a small nose job, switched out the Auto pilot computer twice, and refreshed the leather once. S is allegedly getting the model 3 minimalist interior (which will be interesting: That aesthetic was driven entirely by the desire to have 100% robot build cars which could put the interior parts in through the sunroof and then put the sunroof on) - form follows function. Tesla has backed off significantly on automation since. Itā€™s an interesting look for a $30-$60,000 car, but how it plays in a 70-120,000 car will be interesting. Itā€™s no E class.

The X is supposed to get the drivetrain enhancements but Iā€™ve read nothing substantiated about the interior getting refreshed. People seem to like that oddball egg rolling down the road the way it is. Itā€™s completely lost on me.

1 Like

As much as I want one (3 or S) I just canā€™t get behind the idea of owning it out of warranty and outside of markdowns EOQ the leases are trash on them. Resale seems to be decent though on Sā€™s.

1 Like

I prefer the Model S Interior so I hope that they do not go through with the Model 3 parity refresh.
Iā€™m a fan of the vertical screen as well.

Same. Assuming they donā€™t go bankrupt in the meantime, itā€™s a done deal. My bet at the office is Tesla is in receivership by Labor Day.

Also Robb got right back to my reply to his email, and said heā€™d keep looking (I didnā€™t ask him to find a car, I asked him how heā€™s structuring these deals. I donā€™t think heā€™s done F&I before Tesla).

1 Like