Tesla Deals your contact inside Tesla

Yeah I see there is a push on the S and X that too those with the current stock but I am yet to see any discount coming on the 3. S and X while nice still seems expensive.

The number of inventory MX is almost non-existent according to tesla.com and other tracking websites. Back in March they released large amount of inventory cars.

By the way, if youā€™re thinking about BUYING. a Tesla instead of leasing, this video from a Model X P100D owner is the textbook example of ā€œleasing as hedge against depreciationā€ https://youtu.be/aiYwecYNr6I

Also: a sales guy told you it would be lose almost no value and you believed him. Wahhh wahhh trombones :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Youā€™ve got it wrong. Teslas are appreciating assets: https://electrek.co/2019/04/12/tesla-vehicles-appreciating-assets-self-driving-elon-musk/

:rofl::joy::thinking::roll_eyes:

1 Like

I have no idea how people on a site like this donā€™t know the S/X have actually very good resale valuesā€¦here is one of the many articles about thisā€¦but you go with what the guy said in a YouTube video.

I believe that Tesla started to offer real good deals on new S/X vehicles around December. I suspect resale values have been hurt as a result. Plus, there is no way an average model S has only gone down in value by 27% after 50,000 miles, so the article is suspicious to me.

Honestly, I canā€™t understand why they are still this high but checking the X inventory in my area and sorting by most miles this is the top result on their website:

2016 Model X

90D

• Free Unlimited Supercharging
  • Clean History
    $70,000
    $946 /mo.
    46,120 miles

Now remember, someone already took a fed credit and possibly state and local credits and those donā€™t count towards the depreciationā€¦so in reality itā€™s actually less.

I was hoping to see some more attractive lease deals by the end of June on the Model 3, but it doesnā€™t look demand warrants it.

Will be interesting to see what type of lease deals we see going forward after the federal tax credit is cut in half at the end of the month.

If you saw the debacle last night, Elon has moved on to making a submarine he wonā€™t build and fantasizing about Solar Roof v3 (that will sell as many as v1 and v2). You think your desire to get a deal lines up with how short they are on production and sales this quarter: not so much.

Any decent leasing price for someone that drives 50k miles a year? I currently pay $1,110 a month for my lexus lc 350ā€¦

Why lease? Just buy Model S or X for that payment and you will save a lot in gas and full use for super charging!

Are you using it for business and claim the miles? I still think you can buy it in your business and claim depreciation etc.

Yes totally agree I would buy with that amount of mileage pickup an inventory car with some discount and the add rebates etc before end of month and u will be ahead and can still write mileage.
But then no gas and free supercharging.

Its my Dad, he insists on having a new Car every 2-3 years, doesnā€™t want to have it for 5-6 years till it gets paid off. I agree with you and @Aland 100%ā€¦

1 Like

Is your dad paying for the lease? In any case to answer your question. you can easily get <$1k lease for a Inventory Model S or X and drive it with super charging. its a no brainer.

He is the owner of his business:):slight_smile:

Issue is the 50k miles annuallyā€¦ wont be less than 1k on the S or X im sureā€¦

I m sorry none of these makes any logical sense.
He wants u to get a new car every 2-3 years but with mileage you drive they are out of warranty after one year.

The options I suggest -
Donā€™t lease purchase and sell after 18 months to 2 years.

Resale should be decent even with mileage as it will be highway miles.
Buy extended warranty on any car.

I would do a model 3 as similar size.

Or model x for accelerated depreciation for taxes purposes (ask cpa).

And then the gas savings - with that mileage = huge.

Autopilot with your amount of driving = priceless and once you try you will understand.

See my earlier post. A base Model S with 15k per year is just under 1k/month. If he drives that much he should buy, and it sounds like a 36-48 month loan would be the max.

The car is for him.

Heā€™s been doing this for 8 years + now, so heā€™s used to it. The miles he does is 99% highway. Heā€™s fine with paying the premium because he gives the car back after 2 years and then itā€™s not his issue anymoreā€¦

So, does Tesla have a halfway competitive rate for that amount of miles annually?

Buying - Iā€™ll try to sell him again on it. He was looking at the 100d (the longest range option) cheapest i was seeing for the ones with a few miles on them was 88k or so, 10k off MSRP) can deals be had better than that?

Thanks!

Yes. Private message me

If one buys a car with autopilot (Model S100d) how much does it cost to upgrade to the full self driving?