Tesla bankruptcy?

You forgot STANFORD. For many many many years, if you did’t have that red seal on your engineering degree you didn’t get a callback.

The first sales advisor I met at Tesla in 2010 was a Stanford swimmer. Nice guy, was still there when I checked around 2016. Knew nothing about cars but could rattle off Tesla Roadster stats.

@Charliewat The Model X was crash tested by NHTSA but not IIHS (search for yourself). Tesla wouldn’t pay the $400k to let them crash. And the Model S hasn’t been tested by IIHS since 2017.

They seem to hold up just fine though

I was born in NY, DC is home, but I live in California now. And I test drove a Tesla before nearly anyone in this thread had heard of them. The VIP opening of the very first Tesla store with the SpaceX display was a blast.

Much better clarity of your statement

Woke up to more soggy Model 3 bumpers

#quality

I suppose this is FUD too. Or maybe a short-seller trying to sabotage the car so the stock plummets. I bet it’s a big oil lobbyist trying to kill the electric car business altogether.

2 Likes

Obviously the ghost of T Boone Pickens haunting Tesla because Natural Gas cars didn’t take off like he hoped.

“I love my Tesla, but”

1 Like

The CAR lost control??? I thought the driver is responsible for control.

I know teslas have qc and water issues but that had to be a serious puddle to rip that bumper off like that.

It’s not an isolated incident. @jeisensc has posted several others previously that had the same problem.

1 Like

They are. One problem with the Auto Pilot branding.

Nope this is a pretty well known problem with Model 3s built in Q2 on 2019.

Not the same issue but this is oddly satisfying:

You don’t have to convince me. I already know teslas are crap quality controlled/designed. Making cars is really complicated. Tesla hasn’t ironed it all out yet. Which is why I don’t expect them to survive. They’ve been living off investor and government money

Tesla is still learning how to build cars on a mass scale and they have come a long way. There is a significant difference in built quality between the original roadster, Model S/X, early Model 3 cars and recent build cars. Model Y supposedly will have a lot of lessons learned implemented over the Model 3 making the body design less alignment/fitment issue prone, also making the repairs easier/cheaper.

Now let’s flip the coin, Toyota has been making cars on a mass scale for decades now. Here is couple of Toyota news/comments that I have seen recently:

Problems can happen with even the best of the legacy manufacturers so no reason for me to think Tesla will fail because their cars are not problem-free. Why I think Tesla will survive is because of this:

They did this with a car that is on a declining segment of the market, imagine what Model Y can do in the hottest segment of the market.

2 Likes

It’s the car that keeps on getting better. Built-in weight reduction! :rofl:

1 Like

Not another day without some sort of tesla update. More frequent updates than the tesla sites.

I am going to creep on my ex’s Instagram site now

2 Likes

It’s an over the air update.

3 Likes

I thought it was over water…

Tesla passes VW in company valuation:

Those bonehead Tesla investors will never learn, they are all going bankrupt! :slight_smile: lol

3 Likes

Tesla stock reminds me of bitcoin a few years ago. Everybody with half a brain knew it wasn’t worth 10k, 15k, much less 19k, but everybody was afraid to miss out on the rally.

Tsla is full bubble mode right now

1st graph tesla, 2nd graph bitcoin

1 Like

When the stock tanks again, and I’m pretty sure it will, I can’t wait to hear the reasons behind it:

1. Big oil sabotage
  2. Short sabotage
  3. Someone has a vendetta against Musk
  4. The mainstream media has it in for Tesla so they only show the bad and not the good
  5. Tesla is the best car out there and all other companies should just close now
  6. So what if Musk is late on that cross country driverless trip by years…you’ll see soon enough.

I’d like to add, these are all previous reasons I’ve seen written by people/commenters (not necessarily here) as to reasons why the stock crashed before, along with the notorious “FUD” excuse. I’m hoping to see some new conspiracy theories this time.

5 Likes

Yep, looked at the same chart today. Fascinating how it went straight up in just 6 months from $200 to $600 like a start up on the opening of trading.

I don’t have enough popcorn :popcorn: for the length of this show which is longer than 10 seasons of friends or 13 seasons of Big Bang Theory.

2 Likes

markets can stay irrational longer then you can stay solvent. Expect a short squeeze to bring tsla to $700 next week!

5 Likes