Tesla bankruptcy?

Right. Was on the phone at the time. Lazy.

as I stated much earlier in this thread, tesla is headed down hill. everything that can go wrong, is.
if you don’t see this, you are blind.

You wish… But no one else does, even Bro.
P.S. I mean Tesla fail

So much for not needing any cash.

Come on, who doesn’t? LOL

Wonder if the new girlfriend is sleeping on the factory floor/couch with him?

Everyone has to work 24/7, including her.

Bad News Tesla rules the headlines…for all the wrong reasons. Again.

That wall just came out of nowhere. Was probably on it’s way to Mexico, but wasn’t very good at geography.

Nah. The quickest point between 2 objects is a straight line. He never received the software download to transform the car into a boat.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

So I have some interesting finding from Model 3 and Model S charging and cost of driving. I don’t own one, so my PG&E plan at home isn’t taylor for EV, so all my charging cost is based on a paid public charger.

• Palo Alto city costs about 23 cents per kWh.
  • Tesla chargers are 14 cents for Model 3, and free for S

Miles per kWh numbers are interesting. For a week of commute and 3 weekend of usage, I averaged between 3-4mile per kWh. I got 3 mile per kWh if I drive it like my daily commuter for commute, which involves 3 miles of local and 7 mile of highway. I got 3.5 mile per kWh in mostly local driving. I can get to 4 mile per kWh if I purposely drive very slow like a grandma. All with AC on auto, flat terrain. I think the 3 mile number is more of a equivalent for my usage => 3 miles for 23 cents in Palo Alto or 7.6 cents per mile, or 4.6 cents if you have Tesla charging station nearby.

A 2018 Honda civic probably average 35 mpg. A gallon of 87 is about $3.70 this week on the street or $3.4 at Costco, making Civic 10.5 cents per mile on public gas station, or 9.7 cents at Costco.

In best case, Tesla charger vs Costco gas, the saving is 5.1 cents per mile. Let’s say average Americans drive 12K mile a year, this lead to $612 saving in a year. A civic EX-l sedan has MSRP of $24K. A based Model 3 is $35K. Let’s day you get $10K incentive from federal + state, making a base Model 3 $25K. In this case, Model 3 is a winner. If without the $10K incentive, it will take a long time to recoup the additional purchase price from fuel saving.

I know people will say Model 3 vs Civic?? But honestly, I really can’t put the interior material quality, comfort level and luxury amenity, overall fit and finish workmanship, interior noise level, … of Model 3 to Accord level. If Honda civic is a 1, Accord is a 10. I think Model 3 is probably at 2-3 at best in aspects.

But it doesnt say that the car was in autopilot

Nor did I…20202020

yeah i don’t know why i replied to you. i was just trying to comment on the thread lol.

Base model 3 isn’t available. Fed tax break will probably be lessened by the time it does get released, unless it is extended.

one is a real car with a real price. the other is a car that does not yet exist at the trim/price level with a fake price.

Yes yes, agree. that is why I said best case scenario. the Model 3 I tested is @ $55K. No way fuel saving can make sense.

When I talk to Tesla, they gave me a true cost of own calculation which makes Model 3 very close to Civic. But after I use the charging station around, I realized they are quoting the cost of producing electricity, not the cost of electricity to consumers, which is much higher

In tesla’s Defense, you won’t have oil changes, spark plugs, and other general maintenance costs you would have on an ice, which you didn’t take into consideration in your calc either.