Tesla bankruptcy?

Doubtful people who really want a tesla will crossshop it with a civic. If I want a cayenne, I am not going to crossshop it with an escalate.

Electric cars are not for everyone, tesla or not. It goes beyond the numbers. Are Ferrari twice as fast as a 911? No

At this point, we have no idea the cost of maintaining a Tesla. Tesla marketing says exactly what you just said too. I wonder the cost of battery pack change since it is a known wear item.

This show how successful Tesla marketing is and how much is Elon Musk’s face valued. By itself they are amazing achievement.

What do you mean? No BEV has oil, plugs or a fuel filter, and brakes should theoretically last longer. I’m not talking about wear items in the suspension. The battery is covered by an 8 year warranty.

I’m not a fanboi…that’s just logic.

Understood and no disagreement, but do we know what Tesla need? Since Tesla can only be maintained at Tesla, so the cost maybe high even less items are needed.

As for cars like Honda Civic, plugs are like 100K items, they are not expansive anyway. Oil is 5000mile item, but at say $50 a pop.

I am not so sure about brake will last longer because the weight of the car. Model 3 is easily 800lb (25%) heavier than Civic. Tires will definitely wear out faster with Model 3 due to incredible off the line the torque. But even if change frequency is the same, a set of Model 3 will be substantially more than a Civic. Let’s see, in a few year, we will know the true cost of Model 3.

NTSB is probing the crash that killed the 2 teens in FL mainly because of the fire. Elon is probably wishing he hadn’t hung up on the NTSB’s chief and pissed him off.

Don’t want to be insensitive here, but probably can’t pin this on Tesla.

in general, li-on fire very dangerous. It can be put off by conventional methods. Even if FD arrive in time, I am not sure the current fire truck is appropriately equipped to handle li-on.

I think you’re really underestimating the new civics.

What does Elon Musk have to do with it? You are comparing a Honda Civic with a tiny 1.5L motor to an electric car with instant torque. It’s an EV car with long range too, theres a price in both of those features. If you want to save money, just buy a Honda Fit and move on.

Not the cause of the crash, but the fact the S caught fire so quickly.

Name another car maker’s EV that exploded into flames after an accident. Odds are you can’t. But a Tesla seems to go up in flames every other month or so.

Rimac Concept One…

1 Like

it is wiki so take it with a grain of salt.

I have said it much earlier in this thread. It is a huge problem when teslas get into accidents. Someone tried to argue with an issue on range, and said higher capacity batteries will solve the problem.

The problem with this is, it would be like driving with a pressure sensitive bomb in your vehicle. Good chance of explosion in accidents. This is the downfall of EV. It just doesn’t make sense in any way.

Lastly, Elon Musk is a con artist. People will realize this one day. He consistently lies to investors and the government, just to get more money. He claims he sleeps in the factory…why? Is he physically producing the cars with his own hands? He is so busy, yet has time to find new girlfriends and go to these degenerate parties with celebrities?

I know that when I am busy with my work, I would not go out until the work is done. I would hardly find time to eat, let alone find some young whore and go to parties to waste my time on.

How can people be blind and not see this man is conning everyone?

We have a bigger con artist to worry about.

1 Like

How is that “conning” when there are thousands of Teslas on the roads everywhere? He over-promises and under-delivers, yes.

saw a model 3 today in ontario Ca. Red with base wheels. looked really nice in person.

The problem with this is, it would be like driving with a pressure sensitive bomb in your vehicle. Good chance of explosion in accidents. This is the downfall of EV. It just doesn’t make sense in any way.

Gasoline cars catch on fire at a higher rate than Tesla’s. When you have any form of energy (gas, hydrogen, electric) fires are always a possibility. Tesla builds their cars to mitigate this but you can’t prevent every situation. The crash testing on the S and X show they are exceptionally safe.

Lastly, Elon Musk is a con artist. People will realize this one day. He consistently lies to investors and the government, just to get more money. He claims he sleeps in the factory…why? Is he physically producing the cars with his own hands? He is so busy, yet has time to find new girlfriends and go to these degenerate parties with celebrities?

He’s in the factory because he’s a problem solver, because he can make decisions without asking others for approval, etc. Him being at the factory motivates others to be better.

Are you really going to criticize him for taking a day off when he is known to work 80 hour weeks?

How can people be blind and not see this man is conning everyone?

Elon may be ignorant but he’s not stupid. He’s fully invested in Tesla himself, has never sold shares, and continues to buy more. If the ship goes down he goes down with the ship. I respect that more than most CEOs.

Musk is a conman and women are whores. Thanks for the pro tip(s).