Tesla bankruptcy?

Same Bob Lutz who said the auto industry is dead? I think Tesla would want someone more optimistic.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20171105/INDUSTRY_REDESIGNED/171109944/industry-redesigned-bob-lutz

Bob Lutz is too old at this point. I meant someone like him, NOT him particularly.

You can’t argue some of his accomplishments over the years though, but you may anyways.

I admit I have not done much research about him, but if he was a great auto exec for any of the three, how did they manage to go bankrupt after being in business for 100 years? And people laugh at Tesla.

He wasn’t one of the beancounters and wasn’t calling the shots at GM. That was Rick Wagoner.

GMs problems started in the 80s. They put out shit for roughly 20 years and were cocky because they were the big kid in town, and assumed everyone would continue to buy the badge. Then they relied too heavily on trucks and large SUVs, and let the cars rot on the vine. They were too late at turning things around with years of defectors, a terrible economy and a lopsided product mix during the oil spike.

Tesla could be a good company if they get the right mix of people at the top. Musk isn’t one of those people.

Tesla is NOT burning through its sales list. At my company we have a spreadsheet with the 60+ people who reserved a Model 3 car. Tesla hasn’t started serving orders from 4/1/2016 yet, they are still on 3/31/2016 (first-day) orders. They have, however, finished serving all the existing tesla-owners. My order is 6/16/2016.

3 Likes

Hits just keep on coming.

High and mighty elon

This thread is becoming my Google feed. Every fart by Elon is posted here.

You think he does that to every tesla seat before selling? I mean that would require significant discounts. :slight_smile:

The Model 3 production line may be all jacked up, but the Tesla cash incineration engine is running at peak efficiency! Another $1 billion converted to ash. :smiley:

1 Like
1 Like

“Tesla Motors posted a quarterly net loss (PDF), but the company’s CEO Elon Musk assured investors that Tesla expects to see “positive cash flow starting next month” and to be profitable again by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) standards in Q4“

Sounds like yesterday’s earnings, right? Except it’s from 2016.

1 Like

I am upset he took a question from Youtube but not from Leasehackr. Michael can you make sure we get invited to the next Tesla Shareholder’s/earnings conference?

1 Like

As long as leashackr isn’t deemed #fakenews by Elonald Mump.

Someone with Photoshop skills can put Elon’s head on this.

1 Like

I’ll do it soon. 202020

1 Like
1 Like

Zing! Blurb at the end is so true.

I thought they suspended testing in AZ indefinitely.