Tesla bankruptcy?

Not gonna say how much I make, but let’s just say I’m not going to break the bank by purchasing this car. It’s not cheap by any means, but I can justify it by saying the model 3 is my dream car and it’s by far the best car I’ve ever driven. Also helps that I’ll be getting 10k back and will save at least $200/month in gas. There’s a lot of people out there that can’t afford to buy a house yet prioritize a nice car and I think that’s insanely stupid. To each their own though.

2 Likes

Yet another executive bails…

Here’s a brave soul, or a top contender for a future Darwin Award…

2 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

The problem is when this guy takes the Darwin award home, he drag a bunch of innocent people with him/her. Few drivers of another manufactures dare to do or say things like this, and we should agree that Musk/Tesla markets this immature and deadly feature really well.

Jim Keller leaving Tesla is not a sign that Autopilot is in trouble. Keller is the most famous microprocessor designer in the world today (he led the breakthrough DEC Alpha 64-bit chip, Apple A4/A5, AMD Athlon & Ryzen (different stints at AMD), and now Tesla). Intel has offered him the #1 microprocessor design job in the world. Wherever he goes to work that company leads the world in microprocessor tech 3 years later. He is an itinerant employee who stays at a company for a project and then goes on to the next major challenge in the industry, wherever that may be. I was always surprised that he went to Tesla at all since they don’t make microprocessors.

2 Likes

wait, which one is which?

Is the Landfill viewable / post-able?

Not unless you’re a trusted hackr. It’s the wasteland of off-topic comments.

1 Like

Tesla is a very green company… burning all those GREENbacks!

1 Like

I’m not sure how Musk/Tesla are to blame for people’s stupidity? There’s a bunch of teenage idiots that swallowed tide pods, so does that mean Tide is responsible for their idiocy? Why can’t we place blame where it should be?

But Tide didn’t market the pods are editable, so the entire blame is on the users. With Tesla, both users and Musk are part of it. If you did a test drive with Tesla, you will understand how I feel, maybe they stop doing it after the Mountain View accident, maybe not. The way they sell this feature is very serious.

Earnings to report tomorrow after close. Here’s Forbes preview…

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jjkinahan/2018/05/01/earnings-preview-tesla-to-report-q1-results-on-wednesday-model-3-in-focus/#49797f745ffd

More fluff from Musk?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmuller/2018/05/01/no-way-to-run-a-factory-teslas-hiring-binge-is-a-sign-of-trouble-not-progress/#2d357b89350d

Tesla became the #1 EV car manufacturer (surpassing BYD) in March. So I think rumors of imminent bankruptcy or demise are exaggerated …
Definitely money continues to be incinerated but it seems they are at inflexion - where they slow down the burn rate as they focus on ramping up production of TM3.

1 Like

The General was the #1 manufacturer in the world in 2008…and you know what happened there.

To be successful, they really need to hire some industry “car guys” akin to Bob Lutz. de Nysschen is looking for a job. Musk has no clue, and is more cheerleader than anything.

Partial autopilot reimbursement due to class action settlement…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/electrek.co/2018/05/01/tesla-autopilot-reimburse-delayed-features-settlement-class-action-lawsuit/amp/