Tesla bankruptcy?

For someone who “doesn’t care” about tesla, you seem to care a lot about how they spend their money. What are you, their accountant? Rent vs marketing vs referral expenses? You seem to care a lot for someone who doesn’t care.

2 Likes

Funny thing is that I don’t even think they are competitors. If I am looking for a T-shirt, I don’t need to argue with someone with a polo shirt about which shirt is better.

Opinions are like assholes…everyone’s got one.

Why is everyone that is critical of Tesla labeled a “hater” or “wants to see them fail?” Like @chevysalesgirl said earlier, this is no different from the age old Chevy vs Ford debate. Tesla has done well with the creation of the “mass market” EV, but they aren’t the be all end all in Auto production. You could argue they are a tech company that happens to build cars. They have their faults, and plenty of them. The pure car manufacturers have issues as well.

Heaven forbid someone say something critical of Tesla though.

1 Like

Look at the thread here, most of the posts were not related to the cars themselves. The one about how the car is worse than a q7 or quality issue, fair enough. Most of the other ones are from trolls or something that is clearly wrong. Just look at the view and reply counts on anything tesla related

Btw you are right that their cars are basically phone on wheels. Then owning the car will make more sense

1 Like

Blockquote really… dodge vs ford vs chevy trucks…

I’d order a Clavin peeing on a rival EV but I’m afraid he’d get electrocuted and I do love me some Calvin and Hobbes…

1 Like

Hmm, I personally don’t think T has created the “mass market” EV. They sure created a niche market EV with the S and X, these cars are mainly own by the brand’s enthusiasts. However, T can never be profitable with only the X and S. BWM or MB won’t be profitable by selling 7 series and S-class alone. To be successful in mass market, the 3 needs to be massively adopted. And to be profitable, the 3 can’t have the same level of quality issues as in X and S, otherwise, the after sell service along will put T out of business. T has been in the auto industry to too little time. We will see how things go when there are enough 3 out there.

When I started looking at X p75, I do get quite a few feedback from friends that own tesla. There are good stories and bad stories. One has such a horrible experience that owner turn from a T enthuasist to one not only get rid of their S, but also refused to any friends Telsa park in their garage for charging. While I totally agree that all car manfactures have their problems, Tesla seem to get some very big ones slip through their production. That is why I think Telsa is not being a very responsible auto maker as now. I however do whole heartly wish they are to get the act together and suceed

Why do you assume 30% conversion rate will hold as they work through the early adopters at the front of the line into the more ambivalent buyers? Why do you assume sales will be steady rather than drop off after the pre-orders are gone?

@fnord1983 I’m not sure why I should support a company that lies to its customers, take no responsibility for their screw ups, and are completely unrepentant despite their products literally killing people.

When Uber’s self driving tech killed somebody and it wasn’t even their fault, they immediately suspended the program. Has Tesla stopped selling its autopilot? Have their sales people in the show rooms even stopped telling people they can go take a nap or play with their baby in the backseat whilst the autopilot drives the car?

I really don’t understand this mentality where Tesla gets away with things other companies would get lynched for. Just because they’re cool and trendy doesn’t mean they should be exempt from corporate responsibility.

When was it established that the AZ fatality wasn’t Uber’s fault?

They released a dashcam video. The woman was wearing dark clothing with zero reflectors and crossing the street at night.

Rather big difference from Tesla’s “ram into concrete barrier in broad daylight”.

Yeah that video definitely does not categorically prove that Uber had no fault in that accident.

I think anyone trust any type of auto pilots with their life and responsibility, from Tesla or not, are idiots to begin with. This tech will take a lot longer to be matured.

Worker safety? Who cares about that, says Elon. Fudge the numbers! Can’t let that TSLA stock evaluation drop too much!
You know your CEO is an egomaniac when he puts aesthetics over worker safety.

I used your example of 30% conversion rate, that is 120K+ cars being sold. At $43K, that is $5b in guarantee gross revenue. I didn’t say anything about the sales after, I simply laid out how they can have $5b in gross revenue if they can get their production rate up. Who is going to turn down $5 in guarantee revenue?

How’s that layoff at gm coming along? Or were they just moving production to Mexico?

Where’s the guy that was close to picking up his Model 3? This news must be reassuring to him. Lol

The thread title is in reference to Bankruptcy. I wouldn’t expect the thread to be riddled with posts related to the car. Admittedly, it did veer off course from the initial intent to a degree.

And how are the Tesla comments any different than your jabs toward GM?

That’s just a jab at bro1999.

I own gm stocks and I still have a c6, I guess that makes me a gm hater.

https://insideevs.com/tesla-halts-model-3-production-improve-automation

2 Likes

@Tirpitz23h anyone that picks up a bolt ev from me this month is getting this sticker.

lmao

disclaimer - i’m totally kidding and not brand hate-y. they’re all good for different purposes and the post above was to alleviate the human condition.

7 Likes