Tesla bankruptcy?

I think the reason is obvious from my observation. Most Tesla S and X buyers are Tesla enthusiasts. They are not cross shoppers who is looking for best car for their money, much like people who by exotic cars. They set out to buy the car, and willing to live with the glitches. This business model actual work well with exotic car. You don’t see people complaining about Ferrari or even Nissan GTR much. For mass market, things don’t work like this. I think with the Model 3, Tesla will need to adopt a different business model if they want to be successful.

Not responsible with parts either. This is the work of a multi-billion dollar company??

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimcollins/2018/04/13/what-in-the-world-is-tesla-doing-bizarre-manufacturing-processes-produce-massive-cash-burn/

Nope they are not responsible, yet they will be the first manufacture to hit the 200K federal tax credit threshold and GM still can’t outsell cars that cost more. Weird how things work huh.

wait, so the guy, an engineer no less, noticed the autopilot screwing up in that same location several times and yet he decided to use it anyway on that road?!

If this guy was a lay person I’d cut him slack, but speaking as an engineer myself, this guy shares some of the blame for the failure here.

the word that popped into my mind is “idiot”.

Anyway, Tesla isn’t going bankrupt. They have their production numbers up to 2400/week now for the model 3. Remember they have 455,000 preorders. Ever hear of anything like that in the car industry? They just have to build 'em.

1 Like

Only about 30% of those pre-orders are actually translating into orders, and that’s with the enthusiasts being over-represented in the early pre-orders.

1 Like

Even at 30% conversion rate (assuming it is even true) it is still over 100k cars. Couple billions revenue for a car that is out for less than a year, not a bad day. Keep trying

1 Like

Not quite.

The initial number was 518,000 preorders.

65,000-70,000 have cancelled.

Bloomberg reports Tesla is actually cranking out 3,000 model 3s a week now.

Anyway, regardless. What mystifies me is here we have a great american innovative company - the first publicly traded carmaker to emerge in the U.S. in 54 years…

And so many people are hoping for their demise. It is shameful.

5 Likes

Demystified: Tesla simply isn’t a great car company. They emerged and survive on welfare. Their clientele are absolutely indoctrinated. Their marketing and PR is insulting.

1 Like

GM got welfare, took. They all did with cash4clunkers.

And Tesla spends $0 on marketing. But other companies would kill to have their name recognition. Imagine GM trying to presell 10 cars much less than 500,000.

As far as indoctrination, tesla fans love tesla because Elon Musk gets it. His cars aren’t perfect, but Tesla fans are willing to put up with the problems to get a product that resonates with them.

I still don’t get the vitriol against them. Your post is dripping with it. Does Tesla threaten you somehow?

2 Likes

I think Tesla spend money on marketing, whether they call it marketing or not - The Tesla show room.

1 Like

If you look at his post history, he REALLY hates all EVs. Never misses an opportunity to say something negative.

1 Like

really… dodge vs ford vs chevy trucks…

tesla vs bolt vs i3

that’s just how it is.

1 Like

I drive a Bolt EV as my everyday commuter car.

2 Likes

Bailout does not equal inception and sustainment through a green welfare scam. Why do the rich and privileged get perks to drive Teslas? Think.

They crowdsourced it via new media, and who says they didn’t pay for that? The fanboi cult is Tesla’s marketing and PR machine and is always coming to the defense of poor little bullied Tesla. Why do they offer incentives for referrals and past ownership? Think. In addition, their stores and website are brimming with bullshit claims.

Elon is a business tycoon who is constantly rushing half-baked shit to market to turn a buck. If he doesn’t bullshit his clients now, then he will lose the market because the established automakers are soon releasing much better products.

The fans are just stupid, if not appreciative of free shit and the smell of their own farts.

You haven’t really thought about Tesla. You haven’t been objective. Or, you’re getting Teslabux.

Attitude towards what? Lying idiots who make up stories?

1 Like

Absolutely. Rent in the fanciest malls in the country costs money.

Right. So not angry at all EVs, just angry at all things non-Bolt then? Or just enjoy being a jerk?

It sounds like pure jealousy to me.

Arguing against Tesla = pure jealousy. Please read that back to yourself and admit that you just proved my claim.

I drive a Bolt because the lease deals were pretty good last year and I wanted to get something that would get me HOV access and fit into my smallish 3rd garage and wouldn’t be behind either of the other 2 bays. Bolt is highly regarded and EV is kinda new and cool, so I said fuck it - why not, and got a Bolt.

Funny coming from a guy who drives a car that has to build an ev to earn CARB credit. Why do you have so much to say about it if you don’t care. Give me a break

1 Like