Tesla and other EV News

Big screen and a side of boring as hell.

It’s interesting that they’ve removed the section of the steering wheel you’d want to hold while driving aggressively on a blisteringly quick vehicle.

2 Likes

The outside looks almost exactly the same and they’ve replaced the steering wheel with a yoke and moved copies the model 3 center infotainment stack design which is arguably my biggest complaint about the model 3 aside from the poor quality of the cars.

Going 0-60 in 2 seconds doesn’t matter on the road and it’s not consistent performance, either.

I love that Tesla has made electric cars mainstream, just wish they cared enough to make actual cars and not iPads with wheels.

4 Likes

It’s frustrating that the center screen is advertised as a place to watch TV.

1 Like

They’re obviously trying to position it for full self driving, the problem is you can really only interpret the tv in the dash in one of two ways

• You don’t have to pay attention at all, so kick back and watch a movie
  • You’re going to be waiting so long to charge that you might as well kick back and watch a movie
1 Like

With the Cheetah mode update, the old S is pretty consistent. The new S has updated thermal management in the battery pack so it should be better. Not that you should be launching like this on the street, but in street conditions you’ll never see any sort of power reduction.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a33589568/2020-tesla-model-s-performance-cheetah-mode-by-the-numbers/

1 Like

The car guesses via neural network what gear you want to be in? No turn signal stalk? Guess I’ll wait for the reviews but I’m quite skeptical.

1 Like

So who is going to be liable when the car guesses wrong? What a stupid feature.

Hopefully it’s smart enough to put it in ‘D’ before Plaid launch mode :grin:

I don’t…they need to be able sell to the younger tech heavy demographic if they want to have a future…let the others sell to the dying.

I am that younger tech demographic. I guess when I spend 60k to 100k, I appreciate quality and have higher expectations for my cars.

I think you’re referring to smug hipsters.

4 Likes

Looks like running out of space at the factory. Maybe Walmart parking lot would help lol

1 Like

Last stop on the assembly line - Zip ties and duct tape!!

2 Likes

I almost got hit by a car leaving the lot because the semi was blocking the road. This parking lot is 6 miles from the factory. I don’t understand why they cannot rent a vacant lot to put their trucks and cars, it always just sit on the side of the road near the factory.

Why rent a lot when you can block traffic for free?

“The surge in prices was equivalent to the cost of charging a Tesla reaching $900.”

Oof…

Running an electric heater in the house is going to be even worse. At least the with the EV you’re not really going to be driving anywhere in this.

Tesla has cut prices for entry level Models 3 and Y.

While raising them for performance variants

Hey look, another kid that thought his Model Y had FSD capabilities…

3 Likes

Beep boop: this event has been logged and transmitted for analysis. Thank you for beta testing FSD Level 2 software (fart sound) :robot::exploding_head::red_car::battery::poop::dash:

4 Likes