Telluride over MSRP

@vampy58 i was just going to post a question on the board here but what’s the milage overage on Kia? My wife is leasing a Sportage and is freaking out thinking the over-mile cost is gonna be a kicker (a few unexpected trips where she didnt take my car). We are both at work and can’t see her documents, but i’m thinking if it’s less than 1 extra months payment, she needs to just relax.

It’s probably 15 or 20 cents a mile

That’s what i was thinking, she thinks it is 25 cents. Even if she goes over, it’s llike $285 (not a big deal) if it’s .25. The car is in like new condition, so we won’t get beat for any of that extra charge stuff.

I am trying to work a lease deal out for telluride LX AWD. I’m New to leasing and a novice in car buying. This forum has really helped me negotiate a lot. Does anyone know the ACTUAL invoice BEFORE holdback and dealer incentive? They are giving me numbers at 32,511 for invoice, I said I knew that price included holdback and dealer incentive and actual invoice is lower, they said “they’re the only dealership using that invoice” which I find hard to believe. I have seen on KBB invoice around 31,690 but that was only 900
Less than listed MSRP. Believe it or not they are coming down for lease on me a little at a time the more I chip away

Your mom must be swimming in cash lol i just looked at the lease quote and there is no way i would pay $700 a month for a Kia/Hamster mobile. I know parents can be stubborn but i hope she doesn’t overpay for this 10K over sticker on some of these only a idiot would pay that.

Could be right. At one time MSRP was only a $625 markup on a Jetta or Golf. There is also holdback behind invoice, and volume dealers can get stair step bonuses.

Invoice to MSRP on VW is 4%.

1 Like

Flirting with X7 money.

It’s a distant flirt - $2,100 653 is more like X5 money.

They’ll both drop, but right now they’re still relatively new.

South Florida is starting to sell at a few dollars under MSRP which is better than $3k over. Just ordered a S @ $400 under MSRP plus rebates.
Atlas does not compare to Telluride and Palisade is nice if you go up to Limited trim

reminds me of another Kia that was retailing for over MSRP, leasing for 5-series money and had limited allocation at inception. Cough Stinger Cough

Just make sure to get it in the Kia special yellow paint, I heard it speaks for itself …

2 Likes

“South Florida is starting to sell at a few dollars under MSRP which is better than $3k over. Just ordered a S @ $400 under MSRP plus rebates.”

How much is the rebate?

$1,000 10 character

So less than 1% off and a little bit over 2% in rebates.

Nothx

At least it’s heading in the right direction from the $5-10k over sticker dealers have been demanding.

They can ask for $1 million over sticker, they’re still gonif.

1 Like

Good point I forgot about that. I hear nobody wants the Stinker these days.
Once people lose interest they move on, not a smart move when all car sales are down.

And that’s why I say - Kia will never be a good brand thanks to slimeball dealers. Instead of acquiring a customer by selling them Tellurides at MSRP (and make money on service etc), the slime-balls prefer to mark it up by 5k. In 5 months, they will need to sell them for 15k off …

At least BMW, Merc etc have a tighter leash on the dealers … they allow you to build your configuration, so MSRP is the worst you do …

2 Likes

In what way?

But those numbers mean nothing. Because MSRP basically means nothing. If you like 2 products and

A is $500 at full retail
B is $600 at “15% off“

Which would you buy?