Telluride over MSRP

Fewer dealer shenanigans. If you complain to corporate, they look into it. More uniform advertising of pricing and terms and dealer websites …

1 Like

And I have a bridge to sell you.

1 Like

I had an issue with a Lexus dealer a few years ago. Called corporate, voiced my concern. Got a very apologetic call from (I think) the GSM the following day letting me know that they would look into the issue and that if I ever thought about a Lexus again, to contact the GSM directly.

They could have been blowing smoke, but corporate seemed to have a vested interest in making sure their dealers were treating potential customers appropriately.

Lexus is an exception AFAIK.

I don’t think it’s priced to low. That is why people are going to the dealers. It’s an excellent value. However if it were priced 5-10k more no one would be interested. However I get your point and of course it is a fine line.

Wonder if this article from C&D will affect sales… see https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a29427271/kia-telluride-subaru-forester-windshield-defects-complaints/

I think the experience and shenanigans at a Kia/CDJR will always be at a different level than any high line store.

The experience is better in a more aesthetically pleasing store, for sure. The human brain registers its experiences based on visual and other cues, which is why Coca Cola always does better in taste tests when it’s served in their own cans vs in anonymous cups.

Could there be more shenanigans? Possibly. But I think the bottom line is people need to be well informed regardless of who the dealer is.

You can’t assume any less profit motive regardless of which sign hangs outside the door.

1 Like

Truth be told, I’ve had more issues with BMW windshields than any other brand’s. It’s made me consider kicking down my comprehensive deductibles to -0- more than a few times. :expressionless:

I went onto a Kia dealership last weekend and it was horrifically slimey compared to experiences elsewhere. There seemed to be some kingpin sat at a desk to whom the muggle Salesfolk kept on running to to explain their actions

I was like everyone also interested in the Telluride. The Salesman I spoke to wasn’t that bad, he said they (SXs) were going for 10k over MSRP, when I suggested I could get an XC90 for similar and would maybe wait 6 months he suggested it wouldn’t be any better then.

It is a very, very nice car. Not that they’ll even let you test drive one at the mo, until you’ve agreed on a price

1 Like

I can’t imagine the humiliation I’d feel if I got turned down to test drive a KIA.

6 Likes

You have already made up your mind, so you will not let facts get in the way…

1 Like

Even worse, I went to a local Hyundai dealership here in MA. The showroom is the size of my 2 car garage and the salesperson told me - help yourself to the refreshment area. The area was the size of my pantry, with a tap for water and a Keurig that had seen better days. I think I have seen better at my local Midas oil change place.

In another corner, tucked away was the Genesis lol…

The cars themselves are very nice and I was surprised how nice the Santa Fe and the G70 looked!!! For 29k MSRP and 40k MSRP, that was a lot of car for the money! So nice cars, poor, poor dealerships…

1 Like

Hyundai really needs to get a grip on their dealerships. I work next to an auto-mall, and even Toyota/Honda/Nissan dealerships are nice. Kia, Hyundai and CDJ, omg i would pay money not to deal with them.

Selling over MSRP is one thing, but giving customers shit experience is totally another.

1 Like

You’re new to Bmw and think you’ve just joined some exclusive club. You’re really naive to think BMWNA or MBUSA have a tight leash on their dealers.

Some of their dealers are better because they see profit being driven by repeat and referral business. Some of the others just want to maximize on each transaction.

The OEM has no say on that matter.

1 Like

Precisely. I’ve seen all kinds of strategies and tactics (lol) used at Luxury brands just the same as with Regular just adapted to their average clientele.

O wise one. I was leasing bmws when you were still playing with hot wheels bmws.

Being more profitable implies more control. For example, BMW will generate OL codes, fleet codes, loyalty etc which all dealerships accept.

Try to even get a Hyundai dealer to accept the $50 test drive code and they play all kind of games with you

1 Like

One dealer is now showing a 30K markup on a 21 SX: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeaGneKP/

What a time to be alive.

1 Like

How old are you to be on tiktok?

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

My wife spends way too much time on tiktok