Telluride over MSRP

I think what they mean is that some dealers seem to think it’s okay to gobble up manufacturer incentives.

I’ve seen a few of those in my day… you have to haggle from them the incentives that come from the manufacturer

1 Like

I’m from SoCal. I’ve checked inventories of the surrounding dealerships and looks like some got a recent delivery which is good news actually.

She may not have to rent. Not sure who the leasing co is, but I’m in a similar situation. My lease (Subaru Motor Finance aka Chase) is up in October, but am extending it for up to 6 months (month to month). You’re paying the same monthly amount, same monthly mileage allocation and whenever ready, just turn it in. I too am waiting for a better time to lease either a Telluride, Palisade or Atlas (might just purchase the latter if a good enough deal appears).

oh that’s a good idea to extend it… maybe I’ll suggest that. Even though she HATES her current lease and kind of rushed into it.

Good luck! I should mention that extending the lease may bring the car over a certain mileage threshold where it needs a “major service”. I know Subaru has 30,000 mile service required, and it costs $300 or so (depending on what is actually done). There may be other caveats I’m omitting, if other members who’ve had experience with this type of situation can chime in, it would be helpful for me as well :slight_smile:

I must say, I saw one on the road today and it did catch my eye.

In NYC I helped my uncle purchase a telluride in June for 9% under MSRP. Guess those Cali dealers are not getting the same volume?

In June we checked out a fully optioned Telluride SX in that beautiful green color at one of the dealers out near Ontario here in Socal- the best they could do for us was 3-4k above MSRP, which put us well into premium SUV territory. We ended up getting an well optioned XC90 T6 Inscription for about a hundred more per month. Zero regrets.

3 Likes

I’m sure it’s worth the money to some end but you just can’t win as an auto manufacturer.

Price too high and you need to throw incentives AKA market correction at your product to sell it. Price it too low and your dealers give you a bad name by adding markup over sticker.

1 Like

They might as well enjoy it while they can- if Socal Kia has that much demand for the Telluride, they’d be stupid to sell below MSRP, just as Toyota did when the new gen Taco came out a few years back.

Isn’t the Hyandai Palisade also a new car though? I was going to check it out per your recommendation.
The features I want come out to about $41k. How much should I expect to pay out of pocket and monthly?
I’m in Dallas. Don’t need more than 12000 miles.

Honestly with the way they’re leasing right now combined with the tax burden in Texas, you’re better off purchasing it.

Yah, buy Hyundai dealers don’t seem to be all being ridiculous. There certainly are some that are. Around here, there are Palisades being advertised with $1-2k discounts and the Kia dealers are all still asking $5k over sticker

Sure sign of the apocalypse a Kia SUV going for over sticker and people paying for it . I thought the big draw of Kia was value.

A Kia for 10K over sticker? What a world!

3 Likes

Hello everyone hope your week is going well!

Been trying to negotiate the new Telluride for my mom and trying to get the lease worksheet (boy I forgot how annoying this can be…). Before I show the worksheet, I know that this is a still new and “hot” car and probably won’t get any good deals. But I thought it would be worth a shot.

Some things that are weird with this worksheet and I would like some input since it’s been some time since I’ve seen and dealt with one.

1. No selling price (she said its under the “adjusted cap cost” (never seen that before but okay)
  2. Not sure what the 654.19 is under “total cap reduction”
  3. I looked at a 2 year old lease worksheet when I got my Kia Optima and the license fee was $300, whereas it’s $553 here…
  4. Not sure what that $1,523.00 is under #30
  5. I told the person I want 0 drive-off, but she said that the 2,100 is the rebate/incentives.

Thanks for any and all help =)!

Looks like zero drive off, rebate matches the drive offs. But looks like a complete waste of time since they are at $698/mo, that’s Benz money. Ha just noticed, no discount! That sheet is actually pretty easy to read, just an awful deal. You need to get quotes from at least 5 dealers, I’d shop the Hyundai version too.

3 Likes

Instead of walking into the dealer, try emailing a few to get quotes.

That’s what I’ve been doing. Supply seems a bit low on a lot of dealerships though.