Suggest an Exotic Lease for less than $800/mo

My wife barely drives but wants something flashy for dropping the kids off to school. She wants something flashier than the 2018 GLE lease she will be returning, but wants to keep the $750/mo payment around the same.

Instead of fixating on a particular car, we’re going to try a different approach…what’s the flashiest, best deal we can get in that price range. Mileage as low as 5,000 per year is fine and the only requirement is that it have a backseat that can accommodate a booster.

Is this the wrong way to go about looking for a car, or does it open us up to a potentially better deal?

We live in SoCal and the only exotic-ish vehicle we’re seeing so far in that price range is the Masarati Ghibli. Can any of you smart folks point us in a better direction? Would this be a good way for me to approach a broker, or will I get better results with a car in mind? Thanks so much in advance!

https://www.reddit.com/r/whatcarshouldIbuy/

4 Likes

Is this the wrong way to go about looking for a car

I’m new here, but I have a feeling I know where this is going to go.

13 Likes

Guilia Quad, Stelvio quad BMW i8

1 Like

Agree: Stelvio and whatever that Maserati SUV is. Maybe a Velar (def on a pin deal)? I don’t think you’re getting a Cayman for that, maybe a Macan?

1 Like

Lada 4x4 BRONTO

No need to lease, you can buy this one for 12K and pay in Russian rubles. Very exotic and flashy. You can get a second mail-order bride for the money you save:)

https://www.lada.ru/en/cars/4x4/bronto/gallery.html

13 Likes

For $1000 down and $800/mo for 24 months, you can buy a really nice Ford Excursion that will turn more heads in the school drop off line than any Tesla or Maserati crossover.

7 Likes

This level of honesty and self awareness is refreshing. :heart_eyes:

36 Likes

It doesn’t appear the i8 will fit his kids…but this gets the most attention for the price point IMHO.

A Maserati should be able to be leased for less than this price…and in sport sounds the business/has an exotic touch.

Ive had both of the above options and then moved on to actual exotics…the cost of ownership is high and may not be worth it for most folks. But I wake up in the AM and am excited as hell…so it’s worth it :fire:

3 Likes

Agreed. 2020

5 Likes

Agreed as well, but also supports my want for California to break off and float away.

6 Likes

Technically speaking driving Chrysler minivan would also be turning head in south CA.

I have this impression that in south CA everyone is driving flashy cars so having one would not be standing out but be just like everyone else. That’s just mine imagination of south CA

2 Likes

Drive an iPace in a crowd of Model Xs…

But generally, I hate these kinda threads. I don’t feel it fits the model of the forum, where you are discussing which cars to be had. And I said this on another one a few weeks ago, if OP was looking for a car at 300/m, the mods would shut this down. But since OP is looking for a car at 800, this thread lives…

7 Likes
1 Like

these days something like that lada would attract more attention than an exotic

wrangler unlimited with the doors and roof removed.
not an exotic, but I doubt you’ll find something more flashy that has more than two seats.

2 Likes

I hope wherever you live also disintegrates into something better and free of issues.

:sunglasses:
:bat:

7 Likes

Flashy, plus dropping off kids at the school. Wife just needs a career change as a school bus driver.

11 Likes

You see everything: old cars last forever here so Pacers and original Broncos look like they’re a couple years old. All the usual stuff. A lot more Teslas than anywhere else I travel (but not everyone has one, just all very common) and a mix of exotics. I live a few minutes from where 10s of thousands of Engineers work and so every quarter you see new Ferraris, Lambos, all kinds, but still the minority.

Some of the cars and coffees here though :heart_eyes:

I lived on the East Coast and Midwest most of my life, and agree. I think it should be much more difficult for the rest of the US to come here, especially in summer months (when refugees from Nevada, Arizona, and even Texas come for relief) - I never thought of building a moat though, great idea.

5 Likes

Decked out Mercedes Sprinter 4x4 in flat gray or green. The “new” G wagon. Go glamping in the weekends with one.

7 Likes