Success -- Jaguar F-Type S Coupe MSRP $87k || $506/mo

If the Jag dealership is local, maybe you can close the deal in person. I know that most on the forum prefer to negotiate via email, but I had better luck pushing for final numbers in person. When the email negotiation got close, I called the Sales Manager and made sure he was available, then went over to the dealer to knock off the last $1500 off MSRP. Showing up in person made it clear that I was a serious buyer.

1 Like

Absolutely - I prefer working in person too.

My only issue is Iā€™ve tried working with this Jag dealer before and I know they get turned off by people looking to get further discounts. Itā€™s Jag Central in Houston, they have this ā€œSonic priceā€ gimmick where they refuse to go any lower, claiming that what you see is what you get. Thatā€™s probably fine for the average Jag buyer but when Iā€™m cross shopping an Infiniti with a 15k less MSRP itā€™s hard haha.

Iā€™ll still try and go in on Wednesday to see what I can do.

Iā€™ve been considering both these cars as well and if I can get the F-type for under $500 (non-S model) I will probably go for it. Iā€™d rather have the 340 hp model than the 4 cylinder though. When I went in to look at one the guy pushed payments and said for any F-type I would be looking at over 700ā€¦

So Dealer decided they didnā€™t want my business, refused to even respond to my attempts to schedule a time to come in.

If anyone wants to take a crack at it - Jaguar Central Houston, 95k car, 73k sales price. White F-Type S Convertible. Theyā€™re open to leasing, but beyond that Iā€™ve got nothing. I was turned off by their lack of service when I brought up numbers.

Good luck!

So then f*** those guys. They donā€™t deserve any of our business.

Agreed, I love the solidarity here haha.

Also it made my decision to get the Q50 RS400 much easier! Iā€™ll post the details in taht other thread once I take delivery.

1 Like

I put a deposit down on that particular vehicle yesterday. That is why they probably werenā€™t responding to you.

Their final numbers were by no means the best I have seen on these forums but, after reaching out to every single dealership in the nation, they were the best I could muster.

Haha oh man, how long were you working with them?

What were your final numbers?

Yeah, sorry about that!

I had my heart set on an R but none of the remaining dealers that had any were willing to play ball and/or sell to a Texas resident.

Final numbers were basically tax + fees + first monthā€™s payment due at signing and then 818/month. And this was on a 39/15k lease.

It would have been lower but that particular model was actually a British Design Edition and not an S. The residual on the BDE is 3% lower than on a regular S (48% vs 51%). I wish it was just an S because that extra 3% residual dropped the payments well into the 700s per month. Oh well.

Enjoy the Red Sport 400! A Q60 RS400 was actually my plan B if the F-Type didnā€™t work out so we apparently have very similar tastes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha no need to apologize man! Glad it was picked up by someone on this site.

Thatā€™s a higher payment than I was willing to dish out as it is, so looks like itā€™s a win-win for you and the dealership. That residual part sucks thoughā€¦ I had no idea this was a BDE. Any interesting quirks between BDE and S?

We seem to have very similar tastes indeed! I actually wanted the Q60 RS400 but the lease incentives just werenā€™t there haha. If youā€™re in the Houston area we should connect - Iā€™d love to see that BDE on the road.

It was certainly at the top of my range as well. When I started, I was aiming for an R in that range. I seriously donā€™t know where or how the people on here were snagging such good deals on them. I spent weeks looking, contacted numerous dealerships, and even hired a highly-rated broker from this site. Nothing was working.

I decided that I had to make a move on something. The 2017s were disappearing by the day and I was already over the mileage on my current lease. Combine that with the fact that the Houston car was the only one I could get to without having to fly in and ship it back (I live in DFW) made it the winner. It still meets the 1% rule but you get easily spoiled on good deals frequenting this forum.

Did you look into Sewell Infiniti here in Dallas? I believe that they were offering some good deals plus tax credits on their Q60s.

I am picking up the car tomorrow but it will be a quick in and out visit. I plan on making another trip to Houston later this year so I will let you know!

Iā€™m interested in how your sales experience has been. Please let us know how it goes once you get into the dealership tomorrow. I expected a quick in and out visit when I picked mine up and it turned out taking 2 days, so I had to stay an extra day in town due to their disorganization. They changed the price on me when I got to the dealership ā€“ hoping that doesnā€™t happen to you. Are you working with their Jag or LR dealership? They neighbor each other and share a parking lot (in the middle of nowhere).

Just in case they do offer some kind of referral bonus, tell them I sent you. Iā€™ll PM you my name and we can share the incentive (if any).

LOL or notā€¦

I have in writing the price that they agreed upon so if they try pulling something fast on me I am going to go ballistic. I am working with the Jag dealership.

You were talking to someone in India, pretending to be an actual salesperson? :grin:

I did, too. Thatā€™s what drove me nuts. But itā€™s for the best they have you working with the Jag folks. They had me work with the Land Rover dealership for some reason. The one redeeming trait was the part-Asian finance lady who was super blunt (which I like) and only took 20 minutes to get it all signed. May be the same person for you.

Haha, I just didnā€™t expect her to change her mind mid conversation and then end the chat. Suppose she wasnā€™t happy with my ellipsis.

She has a script and canā€™t improvise.

Yeah I guess we missed out on the best of the deals! Haha. Getting a 95k MSRP car for ~$550 a month would have been deal of the century though.

Iā€™ve only been on the forum for a few weeks and Iā€™m already spoiled. My Q50 deal is pretty good but I get this itching feeling that I should have pushed for more, even though a couple people from the forum couldnā€™t touch my deal on lower MSRP cars at the same dealer.

I actually used Sewell as my bargaining chipā€¦ haha :wink:

Got any pictures of your new car?

Wait, you worked with the Central Houston Jag dealer?

I wish Iā€™d known I wouldnā€™t have wasted my time even contacting them, haha.

Hopefully needacar123 has better luck when picking up!