Success -- Jaguar F-Type S Coupe MSRP $87k || $506/mo

Yeah, I’m excited to hear a report back from him once he gets to the dealership to pick it up.

Hey guys sorry for the delay.

The process actually went very smoothly. I was worried about them jacking up the price upon my arrival but in fact the final price ended up actually being LOWER than what we had agreed upon on the phone.

I was in and out in about an hour and a half.

Also, no luck on the referral.

Overall the car is absolutely stunning and has enough performance to make me content. I am still a bit disappointed that I wasn’t able to get the R but this vehicle still puts a smile on my face.

4 Likes

hey, not a bad consolation prize in place of the R. What’d your final deal stack up to?

And most importantly – is there a backup camera?

Yeah, those who want a 87k car without a basic rearview cam

Final numbers were 814 per month on a 39 month/15k mile per year lease.

Down payment was essentially taxes (6.25% of the FULL value of the car in Texas :confused: ), fees, and first month’s payment.

The payment is a bit higher than I had hoped for but after doing some further evaluation I feel that it isn’t terrible for the following reasons:

-This is a British Design Edition, not an S. I turns out that the BDE have a 48% residual vs a 51% on the S. This amounts to around $100 month per difference alone. Not sure why Jag decided to put such a lower residual on the BDE. Something like only 300 were even brought to the USA so I figured that they would hold their value better? idk.

-It is a 15k per year lease. Obviously, this bumps up the price more than a 10k or 12k.

-MSRP was nearly 100k. This bumps it up not far from R territory in price point. The BDE package is a pretty expensive upgrade and it comes heavily optioned. Plus it is a convertible. And yes, it has a backup camera. :slight_smile:

-Texas taxes suck. 6.25% of the full value of the car.

All of these little things added up to make the lease payment quite a bit higher than many of the awesome F-Type leases that have been accomplished on here (such as yours).

2 Likes

Welcome to the Jaguar experience.Long time Jaguar owners know you always get 2 of them. One to drive when the other is in the shop…

1 Like

I have the British Design Edition as well and that’s pretty much the same as what I’m paying

Digging this back up again one last time for some final advice with my expiring temp registration.

The registration expires in one day, and the dealer still hasn’t sent the plates. I’ve left messages periodically throughout the month and the last I heard was that the salesman is going to “look into it” on Monday.

Given that the dealership isn’t local, does anyone have experience with this sort of situation? I’m guessing it’ll take weeks to get an appointment at the local DMV so am I just going to have to let the car sit in the garage until the dealership finally sends the plates?

Is it within reason to request the dealership overnight a new temp registration (ie an extension)?

The TX dealer is handling registration and getting you CA plates? Did you take your F-Type to get a smog test and inspection done yet?

Correct. Yep, got it done and Fedexed them the paperwork about a month ago.