Success -- Jaguar F-Type S Coupe MSRP $87k || $506/mo

87k msrp
2017 f type w/extra options of design package, vision package and 20 in 5 spoke
Also not an auto nation dealer

Working also 93k msrp convertible. The first car numbers is a coupe

Is this in the Chicago area? Just curious since I saw a car like that a couple of days ago with mSRP and selling price.

Both vehicles I am working on are not in Chicago area.

Great deal, I got my 2017 R coupe with an MSRP of $109,000 for $0 Down/12k/$1099 mo
(initially was $990 but my credit hasnt been great as of late).
Car was new with 0 miles, 33 mo

1 Like

Iā€™m excited to see how poorly the XF sportbrake does which hopefully leads to big incentives and bigger cost reductions.

Good deal! Enjoy it man:grinning:

1 Like

For those curious, the Galpin body shop told me the damage to the rear bumper cost Galpin Jag nearly $1,500 to fix after they backed it into an Aston Martin while servicing the dead battery issue. They werenā€™t able to figure out the battery problem apparently, and said it has worked fine ever since I jumped it and brought it in.

Having now spoken to the service manager, Brian, and GM, Vic, over the last week, the most theyā€™re willing to do as a make-good is install the NavTV rear camera for $500 out the door. So theyā€™re giving me about a $400 credit toward the back-up camera with their body shop (it costs about $900 all-in to install). I asked them to do the front camera as well, but they said itā€™d cost an extra $450 and they wouldnā€™t pay any of it.

So in total, Iā€™m getting a $400 credit against a NavTV installation. Not great compensation for crashing my car and sitting me in a Jag XE for 3 weeks, but I guess thereā€™s not a whole lot else I can do about it. Pretty lame that Iā€™ve only had the car for a month and the car has spent the majority of that time in a body shop.

Iā€™m not advocating for or against Galpin Jag, but thought Iā€™d share this experience firstly to vent, but secondly to share with other LA-based folks who take their cars to Galpin.

Contact corporate and ask them to compensate you for the time spent without your car. They may waive one month for you.

3 Likes

You should know but is this a good deal?

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/jaguar-bmw-audi-lexus-lease/6496266534.html

Low Milage 2017 F-Type Convertible
Got this car in March 2017 and only 7180 miles on it.
12k mile per year
Monthly Payment $387+ Tax
24 month left on the lease
$2500 down
Need Excellent credit!
The lease is with U.S Bank

Thanks. When I called them a few weeks ago, the rep I spoke to was actually very helpful. She did say that the dealership ought to at least cover one payment, and that if they were unwilling to make good of the situation, that I ought to call back and request my issue be escalated. So Iā€™ll probably do that once I have the car back.

Depends on the MSRP of the car. The payment looks okay if thatā€™s a base model ($60k MSRP), but Iā€™m not sure it makes sense for you to put the full $2,500 down if youā€™re only inheriting 2 of the 3 years. $1,500 would be more fair.

I think the color is probably the ugliest choice for the Jag, though, and Iā€™m really not a fan of the convertible aesthetic.

1 Like

I got one month from VW once for keeping my car in the shop for a total of about 2 weeks.

Awesome, thanks for the reference point. Hopefully Jag USA are as accommodating :grimacing:

Hey man, read through the thread.

Sorry to hear about all your service issues.

Would you still recommend the vehicle though?

Itā€™s the fully loaded S-Type with I believe every possible option (sticker is 95k).

Assuming I can get incentives since itā€™s a 2017 and get 23% off MSRP similar to you, do you think I have a chance at getting a sub $500 payment? How hard was it to negotiate your pricing? Any tips?

Thanks and good luck with Jag USA PR!!

They acquired the car back in March 2017, which is when I believe the stars lined up on these cars (high RV, low MF, deep discounting).

Youā€™re looking at over $500/mo effectively.

I wonder if theyā€™re a member on hereā€¦

The MSRP was a little over $87k so it wasnā€™t fully equipped. Didnā€™t have the vision or climate packages (which in hindsight are pretty important but to be honest I didnā€™t get an F-Type for the packages). So I had to get a backup camera installed.

Iā€™d absolutely recommend the vehicle with two caveats:

1. Itā€™s a bumpy ride. There are definitely times where I feel like I need an advil. So if you get headaches in the mornings, for example, you might have a bad time. But itā€™s a great driver for days you wanna put the pedal to the medal.
  2. Jag infotainment sucks. Itā€™s slow and unresponsive - the lag time is a solid second in between each keystroke. Still better than not having anything, though. I am pretty reliant on having a map for visual aid, so itā€™s still very helpful. Just not nearly as good as some other manufacturers.

Other minor things:

1. Speakers are okay, but they buzz too much when you have the bass and sub settings turned up.
  2. If youā€™re tall (<6 feet), it can be a little hard getting in and out.
  3. Visibility isnā€™t great

But more important that all of those things is the car is such a looker. Every time I take her out ā€“ without fail ā€“ someone wants to talk about it or comments about it, gives you the eyes, etc. And the engine roar is second to none, in my opinion. It really is an enthusiast vehicle.

No idea what your payments would be like now, tbh. You might be able to get it in the $500-$600 range. My negotiation process was tough and took a ton of time and effort. I would hope that itā€™s possible to find something similar without as much hassle as I experienced.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the detailed response!

So the dealer has been less than responsive - I e-mailed him my expectations for MF/residuals given what you posted and he hasnā€™t replied. Iā€™m guessing that means heā€™s not happy with what Iā€™m asking for, lol.

I did however go check out an Infiniti Q50 RS400 and worked out a deal for $440 loaded with every feature for 36/12k so now I need to think a little, lol.

Going to see if I can get some numbers out of the Jag dealer before I go.

Thanks for the help!

I would recommend the Jag over the rs400, personally. Just because itā€™s true to its identity. I know there are a lot of folks who like the Infiniti, but from what Iā€™ve read, that car feels like a luxury-sporty identity crisis that people arenā€™t able to give much praise.

Purely an opinion, so donā€™t let that sway you one way or the other. But I thought this article summed it up well.

Yeah I checked that article out! Also read the C/D and MT reviews, everyone seems to like it but not know where to place it. I like the idea of it being a japanese muscle carā€¦ I love American muscle cars so it makes sense a car like this attracts me.

I agree with you, the Jag is definitely a better enthusiasts car - unfortunately the Jag dealer stopped replying to me once I brought lease numbers up, lol. Maybe I should have test driven it first for a joy ride :stuck_out_tongue: