Subaru Ascent 2019

I’m surprised you say this because you have a GX460? There’s virtually no room behind the 3rd row and while high, space behind the 2nd row is pretty limited.

I’ve seen that Ascent Limited + Op23 referenced but can’t quite figure out what it is. Does it make the Limited exactly like the Touring? If not, what is left out?

Thanks!

Op 23 adds the pano moonroof, navigation, HK sound system, & cargo cover. The Touring has all of that included and lots more including front view camera, digital rear view mirror, java brown leather seats, ventilated seats, etc…,

It does not. Touring has 180 degrees front view in the rear view mirror and something else. Just compare them side to side on Subaru website. But there is not much of a difference other than that.

Gotcha. Thanks much.

Surprising how this car costs more in monthly lease payments compared to other luxury cars with a higher MSRP. Nonetheless- I will be keeping my eye on this thread to see if better offers come up.

I’ll chime in here…we pre ordered an Ascent in Feb anticipating my wife’s lease coming due and having purchased a camper (3300lbs dry weight) thinking we would get a bigger SUV to tow with (5k capacity).

Even with a decent price at invoice, loyalty and goodwill coupons, a base Limited ($40k ish MSRP no roof no nav add tow hitch) was @$525 tax in 15k 1st pmt das. Once we got the price and had a little time til ours came in, we shopped everything in the segment…Traverse QX60 Pathfinder Explorer Highlander even the XC90.

I know it gets a lotta love here but my personal opinion is the QX60 sucks…super dated and what’s up with the fake moonroof? Absolutely hated it. Would have gone Pathfinder instead but it seems they still put a transmission in 1/3 lol. Although good bang for your buck feature wise, both of those were ruled out for style ride reliability concerns general cheapness and mostly no 2nd row captains chairs. Highlander Plat and Traverse redline were very nice but were also much more money.

Ascent was hands down our favorite for the style ride captains chairs third row size towing features etc…a surround view camera may have sealed the deal. The lease wasn’t great but we LOVED the car.

Ultimately, we used our Subaru loyalty discounts to lease a loaded Outback Limited with eyesight for $349 sign and drive and I leased a Tundra…came out close in total pmts to the Highlander which we weren’t confident in the towing and less than the Traverse. Wife gets the smaller Subaru she is comfy with and we have the monster truck that could tow 3 of our campers.

Having said all that…100% confident that an Ascent will replace the Outback in 3 yrs…:very very nice SUV

Not on the Limited that you pre-ordered. It only comes with Touring. I guess that was your point - you would have taken Ascent if Limited had the camera?

It has a forward camera but not a birds eye surround camera at all. This feature became a must have for the wife on a bigger SUV as she has always had small cars and doesn’t park well

Agree, I’d definitely want one for my wife.

What do you mean by a fake moonroof?

I have a question- you mentioned using loyalty discounts… what does that entail? I have bought two subarus for my past two cars and didn’t hear of this? thanks!

It has a moonroof that is about the size of a mail slot…just made the inside feel a little strange. Would have preferred it to not have one vs the one that’s in there.

Subaru lease loyalty is first pmt waiver up to $500 I believe and I called Subaru Motors America, they had my VON (order #) and told them the lease wasn’t competitive and we were shopping…they sent me a $500 goodwill coupon and a Bose mini Bluetooth speaker. Also got a nice Samsonite bag that says Ascent on it when we pre ordered…some people got Dyson vacuums lol!

1 Like

I always do this. Every Subaru I bought, just call customer service, say you happily bought another Subaru, they cut you a $500 check.

2 Likes

wow I had no clue… and this is through Subaru direct, not through the dealer? How long do I have from purchasing a vehicle can I call in? any advice? thanks!

Click the email us link and where it says “do you own a subaru” click yes and enter message. In message just say that you are shopping around for a new subaru and wanted to know if there was any loyalty coupons being given like some other competitors are doing. Someone will email you in like 3-4 days and send you a $500 off lease or purchase price. and takes a like a day for them to process it and they will email it

2 Likes

I tried calling them last time I purchased Forester and got nothing. But good to know, will try emailing them next time.

thank you! If I do end up going for the ascent I will give this a try.

As for previous purchases and getting a 500 check from them… I guess that isn’t valid anymore?

Not sure, mine had a one year expiration