Stop Texting Brokers at 1AM

Blaahhhh I beat you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Remember this when I come to you for my sister in the Berkshires as soon as she graduates with her RN next year. Her 07 RAV4 is not long for this world :grinning:

Haha sounds good!

Good solution for sure, but I also believe itā€™s a systemic issue to text brokers at 1AM

Thatā€™s the bigger issue :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s also a proper way to deal with telemarketers or robocalls.

Usually time zone issues. I have had west coast users mistaken FL on my market posts for F^&* Life instead of FL quite a few times

1 Like

Sorry I was impatient haha

1 Like

Iā€™ll be sending my sister in Naples to you as soon as their lease is up!

1 Like

You got it man

I donā€™t think it can be fixed unfortunately - the issue of texts at 1am that is - on the part of those sending it.
Itā€™s just somehow has been expunged from the culture along with common sense.
Could be a generational since if you grow up with the phone attached to your hand itā€™s hard to imagine others separate it from it.

2 Likes

Speaking as a part time lease consultant, I donā€™t normally mind odd hours texts myself as Iā€™m up at all kinds of jacked up hours but I totally see OPā€™s point. I just make it clear to would be customers that I canā€™t actually work a quote until business hours. :sunny:

Damn you kids!!! Stop texting me at all hoursā€¦

AND GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

DND is quick and easy on iPhone. Letā€™s favorites through. Only issue is someone butt dialing you in middle of night repeatedly.

set up Do Not Disturb schedule.

Exactly. My phone goes to DND from 1030pm to 730am, with exceptions to favorites (wife and immediate family)

1 Like

You can turn on Do Not Disturb and white list your favorite contacts. PM me for tech support.

@1am no less.

Iā€™d agree with others here. I have had a Google Voice number for years for my business after having a few similar issues with clients who would text at odd hours and on weekends when I was with my family. It is great because it separates your business dealings from your personal dealings. All your business texts & business voicemails have a home of their own all while having to make no changes to your current iPhone setup. And it is free.

1 Like

Itā€™s also a handy way to consolidate and firewall your good-boy phone from your naughty-boy phone :innocent:

1 Like

Also, if you use Chrome on your computer you can download the Google Voice extension. From the extension you can text, check your voicemails which are also converted to text, see missed calls etc. I pretty much donā€™t have to pick up my phone at all throughout the day when I am working on my computer between iMessage & Google Voice.

If I was a broker It wouldnā€™t bother me. A potential client at anytime during the day is music to my ears.

Whats your number ill send you a text at only 11pm PST :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes