Stop Texting Brokers at 1AM

I live in Seattle but have a 412 area code (pittsburgh). Never changed my number.

Highly recommend Google Voice.

I like to text at 1:00 AM because that gives us some time before last call at 1:30 AM. and then the bar closes altogether at 2:00 AM.

9 Likes

Fair enough. It would make me a little suspicious, but understandable.

Maybe it’s for their relative on E Coast and didn’t think 10 pm was late or they work late or…lots of people make those mistakes, they aren’t necessarily evil or idiots.
I think you’re being a little hard, technology and the world are awake 7/24. If phone/text is an integral necessity for your job and you want peace after hours, getting a phone you can turn off when you want makes the most sense.

2 Likes

That’s why i leave my phone charging in the living room. :thinking:

3 Likes

get a google voice number

Technology is one thing, and I get what you’re saying. Common sense is another though. Maybe because I’m older, I see it differently. I wouldn’t be texting anyone at 1 AM on a car. Even 10 PM, since it appears he’s on the west coast.

There’s a reason telemarketers and bill collectors can’t call after 9.

Maybe @Bostoncarconcierge made a mistake in using his personal number. That doesn’t excuse common courtesy.

1 Like

Of course and I’ll bet they are sorry they did that :anguished: but it does happen all the time because people don’t always think before they act. I would think any business person would expect this today.

I think if the text was more thoughtful and personal, it’s more easily excusable.

“Hey I’m so sorry for texting at this hour but I would love to catch up when you’re available on this car. Here is exactly what I am looking for.”

Not…”hey I’m interested in your 540.”

How serious can a consumer expect me to take a text like this?

Put your phone on silent and check it in the morning? I personally wouldn’t contact anyone after 9 PM, but I think some people rather text than email (even though it’s not considerate at night lol). At least you’re getting business, right?

I think I can see the problem here. The problem is that you have too high of expectations of people. Lower your expectations and then you’ll never be disappointed! :smiley:

10 Likes

IMO, that’s still not much of an excuse. PM and if he doesn’t hear back by afternoon next day, then text.

Nobody needs to try and work up a deal after 9 pm, when no dealership is opened anyways. He knew you’re on the east coast, and everyone learns about time zones in grade school.

1 Like

Can’t do it

Wife works nights

1 Like

Ah - yeah, that won’t work.

1 Like

I’ll look into google voice

Don’t know anything about it lol

Mike, If you have an iPhone, you can put it in do not disturb mode and exclude numbers from it.

You can also allow it to ring if the same caller calls twice within 3 minutes.

My phone is on DND from 10PM to 6AM every night. No stupid noises no lighting up every time it gets a notification :+1:

8 Likes

You just rocked my world thank you!!

1 Like

I do this, too, for similar hours - though I allow all phone calls through. I primarily use it to silence Skype for Business, Teams, and Email notifications that come in from our international offices at all hours of the night.

2 Likes

use the DO NOT DISTURB feature on your phone. Samsungs have it, not sure about Apple’s and others.
You can have an exception list for family and emergency contacts.

3 Likes

You can set up DND to allow exceptions like only for people in your phone book. At least on Android phones you can.