Stop Texting Brokers at 1AM

This is getting out of hand and needs to stop. PMs at all hours are fine. Texts are not.

10 Likes

19 Likes

Coffee is for closers

4 Likes

Did you hit ā€œReport junkā€? :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I did when I woke up at 4 lol

2 Likes

Maybe Pittsburg has a huge time change?

2 Likes

Airline or DND mode?

Or people could have common decency not to text at ungodly hours. Even on the West Coast thatā€™s 10PM.

1 Like

You gotta take advantage of the drunk car shoppers when you get them!

6 Likes

Canā€™t do it. Wife works nights at hospital.

Exactly right!

Carpe diem!

Canā€™t use real name because people will call your dealers and say they are your friend and want the deal

Canā€™t use real number or idiots with no common sense will call and text you whenever they feel like it.

Canā€™t use actual pictures of the cars because they will work around you

Imagine if we sent sales people we deal with at the dealer texts at 1amā€¦ I always email customers or dealers if itā€™s after 10pm or before 7amā€¦common courtesy

7 Likes

I donā€™t think understanding this is part of core curriculum in schoolšŸ˜‚

1 Like

Could be time to have second phone number just for texting and calls with min data and publish that on forum. Keep personal phone for personal.
Such calling plan could be very cheap

3 Likes

Google voice!

6 Likes

Get Google voice and problem solved. Surprised you arenā€™t using it already.

This doesnā€™t seem like a big deal IMO?

Then again my phone is almost always on silent.

However if he was texting you at 1am and freaking out that you werenā€™t responding then yes thatā€™s shitty. I text friends and stuff at all hours knowing they are asleep or donā€™t have their phone on them with the expectation that theyā€™ll probably respond in the morning or when they get to it.

3 Likes

I think the big deal is his wife works nights as he indicated, so in the event of an emergency, he canā€™t put it on silent mode.

2nd line (google voice) solves this problem. He can turn that off.

That said, nobody understands the concept of patience anymore. No dealer is even open that late, so thereā€™s no need to text anyone for a car at 1 AM (10 pm if on west coast). And heaven forbid they donā€™t get an instant reply, as if they are the only one interested.

Thursday, thereā€™s going to be a mad rush to find RV and MF again beginning at 7 AM, as if anyone is going to buy that quickly, and the numbers havenā€™t even trickled down from the captives yet anyways.

4 Likes

858 is a CA area code, yet he wants to register in Pittsburgh :thinking: