Sticky telling people to go to edmunds for money factor

So we don’t get 5 of those questions every day.

4 Likes

or leasehackr could just partner with them somehow since we generate so much new traffic for them.

11 Likes

As part of that Sticky, I think the link below which shows how to calculate a lease payment is just as important.

It would also be interesting to force those making their first post in the “Ask the Hackrs” section click that they have read the link below and have inquired about the MF, Residuals, and Incentives on edmunds.

2 Likes

But then how are we supposed be rude to new members?

18 Likes

If people won’t read any of the forum currently before asking this question, why should a sticky change things?

3 Likes

It most likely won’t. There’s a banner at the top of the page indicating not to “pm me the dealer details,” or “pm me the link.” People close it and post that anyways, or simply ignore it.”

1 Like

It would be nice if someone’s first post received an auto-response with some key bullet points about how this place works (or doesn’t work). Preferably something friendly and welcoming.

3 Likes

Yes, but don’t do it after first post…do it after registration…maybe as a message?

1 Like

I was gonna say, who are all these softies?

Unless you are a sweet/spunky 69 year old woman who got screwed by Lincoln and immediately hired a shark lawyer after your question was answered: you get hazed. Them’s the rules.

I don’t make the news I’m just reporting it.

3 Likes

Researching is half the fun of leasing a new car.

2 Likes

I suggested it months ago…

3 Likes

Been following this site for a while but only recently posted. It’s not that obvious when folks say “go to edmunds for the MF and residual”. You think edmunds will have a spreadsheet or something. It take a while to register that you actually have to go into an edmunds forum and actually ask within a thread (or look to see if someone in a nearby zip has already asked… this month). Someone magically responds. Don’t get me wrong it’s great, but not that obvious that it would work this way. And why the hell wouldn’t someone just post it all online in a spreadsheet for gods sake.

2 Likes

Edmunds can’t post it in a spreadsheet. That would violate the terms and conditions of their contract with the vendor who supplies this information. Most of us make it very clear how to find this information. I always say something along the lines of “Google model name + MF Edmunds”

3 Likes

I wonder if we could find a good way to partner with Edmunds… we will reach out to Edmunds to see what they think. Any suggestions here?

3 Likes

while you’re at it, partner with all of them, truecar, kbb, etc. Don’t forget to send me some booze and cologne :grin:

They only downside is that this site may look like Times Square.

2 Likes

IMO, I’m torn on this. On one hand, it may make getting numbers easier. On the other, it runs the risk of making things here much more cluttered and cumbersome.

Just my $.02

1 Like

I bet they already know how much traffic they get from LH. And also, how much traffic LH draws away from them :slightly_smiling_face:

Doesn’t hurt to ask but I don’t see a reason for them to provide this data directly since this way they make sure to draw visitors and prop up their “forum” section in search engines

This “Go to Edmunds and manually ask for Money Factor” is the most archaic part of the entire lease hacking process. There has got to be a better way.

When you find one, let us know.

2 Likes