Sticky telling people to go to edmunds for money factor

You don’t have to always ask. Sometimes reading through the current month’s posts will suffice. Most brands have national MF/RV. You can even find your regional incentives without providing your zip code.

4 Likes

Edmunds pays for that data…And it ain’t cheap. LH does not pay for the data, therefore it isn’t here on demand.

3 Likes

OK, I get that. But there must be a better way to exchange that information than typing into a Forum Box “Yea Hey, can I get the MF for Zip Code XXXXX”? Once it’s posted, it’s available for anyone to see, so not like it’s confidential. It also makes the Edmunds forum a cluttered mess, and nearly unreadable. I have no problems with Edmunds trying to drive traffic, and recoup those costs, but you would think they would come up with something a bit more intuitive and user friendly.

Doesn’t get more intuitive than it is on Edmunds. You find the thread for the year/make/model and go to the last page. Then just go back to the first post for the current month.

3 Likes

Anyone can see it on Edmunds once it is posted

The only way it becomes more intuitive is if you pay several thousand a month to the data aggregators out there to get the info for yourself. The captives have rules against posting data each month. Thus the reason you don’t see an excel sheet with every possible residual/mf combo out there every month. They are allowed to post the specific info once asked for, and not ad-hoc

How about a dedicated MF Page with a Map of the US. Simple drop down menu for vehicle Make and Model. Once you click on your State, another map pops up with each zip listed. Yet another click-through gives you a simple Residual and MF Number. They could sell targeted ads on each click-through page. Users would have the information they needed within seconds, and Edmunds would have multiple pages to generate income based on regionally (very) targeted ads. Easy, entuitive and generating. I would actually expect more Forum traffic with a system like this as folks actually discuss the numbers and leasing of that particular vehicle, rather than a forum filled with nothing but “MF Requests”.

Do you realize how difficult this would be to make? Or how Edmunds contracts and agreements likely don’t allow the information to be shared in this manner? I don’t get why it’s so hard for someone to just ask on Edmunds. It takes 2 minutes and you usually get an answer within 24 hours. You’re making a mountain out of a mole hill.

5 Likes

Seriously! People are so used to being spoon fed everything these days.

2 Likes

Why don’t you tell them and see what they say? No idea why you bring it up here.
p.s. they may make you their CIO

3 Likes

The captives will pull their license and sue them faster than you can say “this is a great idea.”

There’s a reason that data costs thousands a month. It’s not meant to be shared like that.

1 Like

Lol, they should. I would have that whipped into shape real quick. It’s really no skin off my back, I have no problems with going in and waiting for a Edmunds response. On the other hand, it’s a little confusing to tell newbies or uncle Larry who is sitting at the dealership ready to sign the lease and wondering if it’s a good deal. I can see if these numbers were somewhat confidential, but they seem to be very freely shared for all to see. They just need to be organized and presented a bit better.

Uncle Larry should know better (from you) than to walk into a dealer to negotiate his deal, instead taking a day to do adequate research here and on Edmunds and then emailing the dealer to come up with a reasonable deal.

8 Likes

I’d take that a step further and says that, if Uncle Larry has already gone into the dealership and is ready to sign w/o doing previous research, Uncle Larry probably doesn’t care w/ LH or Edmunds has to say…

I don’t actually understand how it could be any more organized or better presented. As other posters have said, you do an internet search on, for example, “2019 Honda Accord Lease Edmunds,” and it’s literally the first URL that pops up. You click on said URL and go to the last page and then backtrack until you hit the first page of the month. Often times, you don’t even need to backtrack, if someone from a nearby zip has posted that month. And if no one from your area has posted, you create an account and wait, like 4-6 business hours for them to respond.

If you know how to use the internet and were able to sign up for LH account, there’s no reason you can’t easily figure out how to get the info from Edmunds.

If you don’t know how to do any of that, you can just hire a broker…

That’s a great idea love it

I’d like to say that I’m in favor of this idea between the two communities.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 3